Cornard 0 Fakenham Town 0: Ghosts stretch unbeaten away run to nine
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town maintained their impressive away record to come away from Cornard United with a hard-fought goalless draw on Saturday.
The Ghosts made it nine games unbeaten on the road in a run stretching back to early October in a game that won’t live long in the memory.
Clear-cut chances were at a premium at both ends, with a point and piece being a fair enough outcome.
The Ghosts stayed sixth in Thurlow Nunn League Division One North ahead of Saturday’s home match against bottom of the table Needham Market Reserves, who have won just one league game all season.
Fakenham Town: Coombe, Skipper, Field, Franks, Youngs (Akers 21), Walpole, G Matthews, Curtis, A Matthews (Taylor 65), Hogston, Charlesworth.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves had a disappointing afternoon at Clipbish Park, losing 4-2 to Stalham Town in Division One of the Anglian Combination.
Second half goals from Ben Darby and Jay Myhill brought the Ghosts back into it after they trailed 3-0 at the break but it was the visitors who left with the points.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
The Reserves are at East Harling on Saturday.
n A sharp frost forced the postponement of two big hockey matches scheduled for Greenfields Road on Saturday, with Dereham men scheduled to face promotion rivals East London and the ladies poised to defend their 100 per cent record against Wisbech.
The men are due to visit Bourne Deeping on Saturday while the ladies have a fixture at St Neots in a game that pits top against bottom.