Fakenham Town 0 Needham Market Reserves 0: Second successive goaless draw for Ghosts
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town were held to a frustrating goalless draw at Clipbush Park by the league’s bottom team on Saturday.
The Ghosts shared the spoils with a Needham Market Reserves outfit who had gone into the game with just seven points to show from their opening 24 fixtures.
On a positive note a second successive goalless draw at least maintained Fakenham’s unbeaten start to 2019 in Division One North of the Thurlow Nunn league and consolidated a highly respectable sixth place in the table.
Fakenham are at home again on Saturday, with mid-table Debenham LC providing the opposition (3pm). There is also a midweek game coming up, with the Ghosts travelling to top flight Kirkley and Pakefield on Tuesday evening in the League Cup (7.45pm).
Fakenham: Tom Coombe, Shane Akers, Fraser Field, Matty Franks (c), Alex Walpole, Dan Tuddenham, Tom Blake, Lewis Sturman, Connor Charlesworth, Dan Hogston, Ryan Curtis. Subs: Alby Matthews, Harry Exley, Andrew Skipper,
You may also want to watch:
In Division One of the Anglian Combination Fakenham Town Reserves returned home from a trip to an in-form East Harling side with a 1-1 draw thanks to a 64th minute goal from Joe Harrison. Now with just nine league fixtures left to play and a mid-table finish pretty much assured, the second string travel to Stalham Town on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout