Fakenham Town 0 Needham Market Reserves 0: Second successive goaless draw for Ghosts
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town were held to a frustrating goalless draw at Clipbush Park by the league’s bottom team on Saturday.
The Ghosts shared the spoils with a Needham Market Reserves outfit who had gone into the game with just seven points to show from their opening 24 fixtures.
On a positive note a second successive goalless draw at least maintained Fakenham’s unbeaten start to 2019 in Division One North of the Thurlow Nunn league and consolidated a highly respectable sixth place in the table.
Fakenham are at home again on Saturday, with mid-table Debenham LC providing the opposition (3pm). There is also a midweek game coming up, with the Ghosts travelling to top flight Kirkley and Pakefield on Tuesday evening in the League Cup (7.45pm).
Fakenham: Tom Coombe, Shane Akers, Fraser Field, Matty Franks (c), Alex Walpole, Dan Tuddenham, Tom Blake, Lewis Sturman, Connor Charlesworth, Dan Hogston, Ryan Curtis. Subs: Alby Matthews, Harry Exley, Andrew Skipper,
You may also want to watch:
In Division One of the Anglian Combination Fakenham Town Reserves returned home from a trip to an in-form East Harling side with a 1-1 draw thanks to a 64th minute goal from Joe Harrison. Now with just nine league fixtures left to play and a mid-table finish pretty much assured, the second string travel to Stalham Town on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money