Fakenham Town 0 Needham Market Reserves 0: Second successive goaless draw for Ghosts
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town were held to a frustrating goalless draw at Clipbush Park by the league’s bottom team on Saturday.
The Ghosts shared the spoils with a Needham Market Reserves outfit who had gone into the game with just seven points to show from their opening 24 fixtures.
On a positive note a second successive goalless draw at least maintained Fakenham’s unbeaten start to 2019 in Division One North of the Thurlow Nunn league and consolidated a highly respectable sixth place in the table.
Fakenham are at home again on Saturday, with mid-table Debenham LC providing the opposition (3pm). There is also a midweek game coming up, with the Ghosts travelling to top flight Kirkley and Pakefield on Tuesday evening in the League Cup (7.45pm).
Fakenham: Tom Coombe, Shane Akers, Fraser Field, Matty Franks (c), Alex Walpole, Dan Tuddenham, Tom Blake, Lewis Sturman, Connor Charlesworth, Dan Hogston, Ryan Curtis. Subs: Alby Matthews, Harry Exley, Andrew Skipper,
You may also want to watch:
In Division One of the Anglian Combination Fakenham Town Reserves returned home from a trip to an in-form East Harling side with a 1-1 draw thanks to a 64th minute goal from Joe Harrison. Now with just nine league fixtures left to play and a mid-table finish pretty much assured, the second string travel to Stalham Town on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 5 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 6 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 10 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona