Fakenham Town go third after superb win at leaders Harleston
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town underlined their promotion credentials with a superb win at Thurlow Nunn League Division One North leaders Harleston Town on Saturday.
A goal just before half-time from Alex Walpole earned the Ghosts an eye-catching 1-0 victory that made it five straight league wins - and 10 games unbeaten in all competitions.
Still to lose in 2019, Andy Cunningham’s side have moved up to third in the table and are now just six points behind second placed Mulbarton Wanderers with a game in hand.
Harleston are a further three points better off, having played the same number of games as the Ghosts.
Fakenham will be aiming to keep up the good work on Saturday when they welcome 12th placed Cornard United to Clipbush Park (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves suffered a disappointing 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Watton United in Anglian Combination Division One. They now have just four games left to play, with a free weekend coming up.
It was also a bad day for Bradenham Wanderers in the Premier Division as they went down 1-0 at home to a Blofield United side who had started the day just one point above them.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
Wanderers are at home to bottom side Norwich United Under-21s on Saturday (2.30pm).