Fakenham Town go third after superb win at leaders Harleston
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town underlined their promotion credentials with a superb win at Thurlow Nunn League Division One North leaders Harleston Town on Saturday.
A goal just before half-time from Alex Walpole earned the Ghosts an eye-catching 1-0 victory that made it five straight league wins - and 10 games unbeaten in all competitions.
Still to lose in 2019, Andy Cunningham’s side have moved up to third in the table and are now just six points behind second placed Mulbarton Wanderers with a game in hand.
Harleston are a further three points better off, having played the same number of games as the Ghosts.
Fakenham will be aiming to keep up the good work on Saturday when they welcome 12th placed Cornard United to Clipbush Park (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves suffered a disappointing 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Watton United in Anglian Combination Division One. They now have just four games left to play, with a free weekend coming up.
It was also a bad day for Bradenham Wanderers in the Premier Division as they went down 1-0 at home to a Blofield United side who had started the day just one point above them.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Wanderers are at home to bottom side Norwich United Under-21s on Saturday (2.30pm).