Nine man Fakenham Town strike late on to earn a point against Cornard United
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town stretched their unbeaten run to 11 matches in an eventful game at Clipbush Park on Saturday.
The Ghosts ended the match with nine men against Cornard United but still managed to salvage a point in a thrilling 3-3 draw.
The result saw Fakenham drop a place to fourth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North tabel following Swaffham’s 3-0 win over Leiston Reserves - but in the circumstances it was still a positve outcome for Andy Cunningham’s side.
Lewis Sturman and Ryan Curtis both saw red for the hosts, in the 77th and 90th minutes respectively, while Cornard’s Ryan McGibbon was also sent off, but Matthew Franks’ effort five minutes into injury time effort salvaged a point for the home side.
Fakenham had earlier let a 2-1 lead slip as goals from Connor Charlesworth (35) and Callum Brain (38) had put them in the ascendancy after they had fallen behind early on.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts now have two tough away games coming up, starting on Friday evening when they travel to sixth placed Lakenheath, who won 15-0 at struggling Wisbech St Mary at the weekend.
The focus then switches to knock-out football next Tuesday evening with a League Challenge Cup tie at Newmarket Town. Both games kick off at 7.45pm.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Following a free weekend Fakenham Town Reserves resume their Anglian Combination Division One programme on Saturday with a home game against Reepham Town (2.30pm).