Nine man Fakenham Town strike late on to earn a point against Cornard United
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town stretched their unbeaten run to 11 matches in an eventful game at Clipbush Park on Saturday.
The Ghosts ended the match with nine men against Cornard United but still managed to salvage a point in a thrilling 3-3 draw.
The result saw Fakenham drop a place to fourth in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North tabel following Swaffham’s 3-0 win over Leiston Reserves - but in the circumstances it was still a positve outcome for Andy Cunningham’s side.
Lewis Sturman and Ryan Curtis both saw red for the hosts, in the 77th and 90th minutes respectively, while Cornard’s Ryan McGibbon was also sent off, but Matthew Franks’ effort five minutes into injury time effort salvaged a point for the home side.
Fakenham had earlier let a 2-1 lead slip as goals from Connor Charlesworth (35) and Callum Brain (38) had put them in the ascendancy after they had fallen behind early on.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts now have two tough away games coming up, starting on Friday evening when they travel to sixth placed Lakenheath, who won 15-0 at struggling Wisbech St Mary at the weekend.
The focus then switches to knock-out football next Tuesday evening with a League Challenge Cup tie at Newmarket Town. Both games kick off at 7.45pm.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
Following a free weekend Fakenham Town Reserves resume their Anglian Combination Division One programme on Saturday with a home game against Reepham Town (2.30pm).