Fakenham Town concede for first time in seven games - but still go on to win
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town conceded their first goal in seven matches on Saturday - but still went on to claim another good win.
The Ghosts edged home 2-1 at AFC Sudbury Reserves to move up to fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table.
Andy Cunningham’s team are now unbeaten in eight in all competitions and should be in good heart for Saturday’s home clash with Felixstowe and Walton Reserves, who are currently one off the bottom of the table.
Connor Charlesworth fired Fakenham in front after 37 minutes on Saturday, only for keeper Tom Coombe to finally be beaten after the break when Luis Berkane fired home.
But the Ghosts didn’t let the shock of conceding affect them and Callum Brain got them back in front on 72 minutes with what proved to be the decisive goal of the game.
You may also want to watch:
In Anglian Combination Division One Fakenham Town Reserves were unable to build on the previous week’s excellent win at leaders Yelverton when they went down 2-1 to Aylsham at Clipbush Park. The visitors went two up through Stuart Boam and Sam Bryant before Luke Priestley pulled one back on the hour mark.
The second string make the long journey to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves on Saturday, with just five games to follow after that.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
Dereham Town will be bidding to reach the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup next Wednesday evening. They travel to the FDC in Bowthorpe to take on underdogs Swaffham Town from Thurlow Nunn League Division One North, with the match kicking off at 7.45pm. Tickets will be available on the night.