Charlesworth scores twice as Fakenham Town extend unbeaten run to 16
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town extended their superb unbeaten run to 16 matches with a win at Haverhill Borough on Saturday.
Despite being below their best the Ghosts came away with 3-1 victory, with Connor Charlesworth scoring two of the goals and Tom Blake also on target.
The three points consolidated fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table with just two matches left to play, both away from home, at March Town United on Easter Monday (April 22) and at Wisbech St Mary on April 27.
Then there’s the small matter of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup Final against Premier Division Long Melford at Diss Town on May Day Bank Holiday (Monday, May 6).
Fakenham Town: Coombe, Akers, Field, Sturman, Youngs, Tuddenham, Blake (Claxton), Curtis, Charlesworth, Brain, Matthews (Skipper). Subs unused; Walpole, Lumsden.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves rounded off their campaign in Division One of the Anglian Combination with a 1-0 defeat against Easton at Clipbush Park. They are currently a respectable 10th in the table but will drop a place if Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves finish the season well.
Saturday’s game was the final one in charge for the managerial duo of Craig Rutland and Tom East, who have decided to step down after doing an excellent job.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 8 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight