Charlesworth scores twice as Fakenham Town extend unbeaten run to 16
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town extended their superb unbeaten run to 16 matches with a win at Haverhill Borough on Saturday.
Despite being below their best the Ghosts came away with 3-1 victory, with Connor Charlesworth scoring two of the goals and Tom Blake also on target.
The three points consolidated fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table with just two matches left to play, both away from home, at March Town United on Easter Monday (April 22) and at Wisbech St Mary on April 27.
Then there’s the small matter of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup Final against Premier Division Long Melford at Diss Town on May Day Bank Holiday (Monday, May 6).
Fakenham Town: Coombe, Akers, Field, Sturman, Youngs, Tuddenham, Blake (Claxton), Curtis, Charlesworth, Brain, Matthews (Skipper). Subs unused; Walpole, Lumsden.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves rounded off their campaign in Division One of the Anglian Combination with a 1-0 defeat against Easton at Clipbush Park. They are currently a respectable 10th in the table but will drop a place if Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves finish the season well.
Saturday’s game was the final one in charge for the managerial duo of Craig Rutland and Tom East, who have decided to step down after doing an excellent job.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one