Charlesworth scores twice as Fakenham Town extend unbeaten run to 16
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town extended their superb unbeaten run to 16 matches with a win at Haverhill Borough on Saturday.
Despite being below their best the Ghosts came away with 3-1 victory, with Connor Charlesworth scoring two of the goals and Tom Blake also on target.
The three points consolidated fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table with just two matches left to play, both away from home, at March Town United on Easter Monday (April 22) and at Wisbech St Mary on April 27.
Then there’s the small matter of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup Final against Premier Division Long Melford at Diss Town on May Day Bank Holiday (Monday, May 6).
Fakenham Town: Coombe, Akers, Field, Sturman, Youngs, Tuddenham, Blake (Claxton), Curtis, Charlesworth, Brain, Matthews (Skipper). Subs unused; Walpole, Lumsden.
Fakenham Reserves rounded off their campaign in Division One of the Anglian Combination with a 1-0 defeat against Easton at Clipbush Park. They are currently a respectable 10th in the table but will drop a place if Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves finish the season well.
Saturday’s game was the final one in charge for the managerial duo of Craig Rutland and Tom East, who have decided to step down after doing an excellent job.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 2 Sadness as former sailing school set to be demolished for homes
- 3 Photographer captures stunning image of town's hidden gem
- 4 Covid rates drop by up to 43pc across all areas of Norfolk
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Two Land Rovers overturn on A148
- 7 Inaugural Pride of Wells awards announced to 'honour the legends'
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Celebration to mark 100 years since restoration of famous religious shrine
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated