Charlesworth scores twice as Fakenham Town extend unbeaten run to 16
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town extended their superb unbeaten run to 16 matches with a win at Haverhill Borough on Saturday.
Despite being below their best the Ghosts came away with 3-1 victory, with Connor Charlesworth scoring two of the goals and Tom Blake also on target.
The three points consolidated fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North table with just two matches left to play, both away from home, at March Town United on Easter Monday (April 22) and at Wisbech St Mary on April 27.
Then there’s the small matter of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup Final against Premier Division Long Melford at Diss Town on May Day Bank Holiday (Monday, May 6).
Fakenham Town: Coombe, Akers, Field, Sturman, Youngs, Tuddenham, Blake (Claxton), Curtis, Charlesworth, Brain, Matthews (Skipper). Subs unused; Walpole, Lumsden.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham Reserves rounded off their campaign in Division One of the Anglian Combination with a 1-0 defeat against Easton at Clipbush Park. They are currently a respectable 10th in the table but will drop a place if Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves finish the season well.
Saturday’s game was the final one in charge for the managerial duo of Craig Rutland and Tom East, who have decided to step down after doing an excellent job.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers