Fakenham Town warm up for cup final test with an emphatic away win
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town have a big game to look forward to on Monday after rounding off their Thurlow Nunn League Division One North campaign with a big away win.
The Ghosts have a Bank Holiday date with top flight side Long Melford in the final of the League Challenge Cup - and should be in good heart for the game after winning 4-1 at lowly Wisbech St Mary to finish a highly respectable sixth in the table.
Callum Brain struck in the 33rd minute to give the visitors a narrow advantage at the break - and they took over in the second half.
Shane Akers made it 2-0 nine minutes in after good work from Brain and Connor Charlesworth and it was game over on the hour mark when Lewis Sturman converted from the penalty spot.
Wisbech St Mary reduced the arrears on 78 minutes but Brain restored the Ghosts’ three goal advantage two minutes later with a 25-yard free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
The only sour note for the visitors was a late red card for Tom Blake.
Monday’s cup final is being staged at Diss Town’s Brewers Green Lane ground and kicks off at 3pm.
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall