Mixed fortunes for Fakenham Town in latest Thurlow Nunn league games
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham made it back-to-back wins in Division One North of Thurlow Nunn League on Saturday when they thumped visitors Diss Town 4-0.
Callum Brain’s 20th minute goal gave the Ghosts the advantage at the break and three further goals in the second half, two of which were scored by Luke Priestly, settled the issue.
Priestly netted in the 63rd and 78th mminutes to make the points safe before Ricky Claxton completed the scoring six minutes from time.
The Ghosts were back in action at Clipbush Park on Tuesday evening against Downham Town and it proved a much tougher game, with the visitors winning 3-2.
Jack Brand opened the scoring for the visitors in the 51st minute and Ben Baxter-Hunt made it 2-0 from the spot midway through the half before Josh Youngs quickly pulled one back.
You may also want to watch:
Baxter-Hunt doubled his tally on 83 minutes, only for the Ghosts to reduce the arrears again, but that was the end of the scoring.
Fakenham have third home game in the space of eight days on Saturday against newly promoted Harleston Town.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Acle United opened their Anglian Combination Premier Division campaign on Saturday with a 2-0 win at Bradenham Wanderers, now managed by their former boss Robert Taylor. George Diggins and Luke Thacker got Acle’s goals. Bradenham travel to Blofield United on Saturday.
Having marked their return to senior football with a 3-1 win at Watton last week, Fakenham Town Reserves were beaten 2-0 at Bungay in their second league game.
Fakenham’s second string made it a solid four points from three games when they drew 1-1 at Hindringham on Tuesday evening.
On Saturday Hindringham twice fought back from behind to beat East Harling 3-2 with Darren West’s injury-time goal settling it. West had earlier made it 2-2 while Hindringham’s opener was a pile-driver from Daniel Croker.
Darren Gill’s side had opened their campaign with a 3-1 at Aylsham after again conceding the first goal. Ryan Vertigan, West and Ben Watts - with a superb strike on his debut - got the goals.
The Ghosts’ second string are at Aylsham on Saturday while Hindringham visit Easton (both 2.30pm).