Mixed fortunes for Fakenham Town in latest Thurlow Nunn league games
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham made it back-to-back wins in Division One North of Thurlow Nunn League on Saturday when they thumped visitors Diss Town 4-0.
Callum Brain’s 20th minute goal gave the Ghosts the advantage at the break and three further goals in the second half, two of which were scored by Luke Priestly, settled the issue.
Priestly netted in the 63rd and 78th mminutes to make the points safe before Ricky Claxton completed the scoring six minutes from time.
The Ghosts were back in action at Clipbush Park on Tuesday evening against Downham Town and it proved a much tougher game, with the visitors winning 3-2.
Jack Brand opened the scoring for the visitors in the 51st minute and Ben Baxter-Hunt made it 2-0 from the spot midway through the half before Josh Youngs quickly pulled one back.
You may also want to watch:
Baxter-Hunt doubled his tally on 83 minutes, only for the Ghosts to reduce the arrears again, but that was the end of the scoring.
Fakenham have third home game in the space of eight days on Saturday against newly promoted Harleston Town.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 6 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
Acle United opened their Anglian Combination Premier Division campaign on Saturday with a 2-0 win at Bradenham Wanderers, now managed by their former boss Robert Taylor. George Diggins and Luke Thacker got Acle’s goals. Bradenham travel to Blofield United on Saturday.
Having marked their return to senior football with a 3-1 win at Watton last week, Fakenham Town Reserves were beaten 2-0 at Bungay in their second league game.
Fakenham’s second string made it a solid four points from three games when they drew 1-1 at Hindringham on Tuesday evening.
On Saturday Hindringham twice fought back from behind to beat East Harling 3-2 with Darren West’s injury-time goal settling it. West had earlier made it 2-2 while Hindringham’s opener was a pile-driver from Daniel Croker.
Darren Gill’s side had opened their campaign with a 3-1 at Aylsham after again conceding the first goal. Ryan Vertigan, West and Ben Watts - with a superb strike on his debut - got the goals.
The Ghosts’ second string are at Aylsham on Saturday while Hindringham visit Easton (both 2.30pm).