Fakenham Town get ready to get on the road in Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: Ian Burt
Fakenham Town step away from their Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division campaign on Saturday as they travel to face Gorleston in the Norfolk Senior Cup, writes Tony Miles.
The Ghosts have already played their hosts twice this season, losing 3-0 at home and 1-0 away in the league and manager Robbie Harris will be hoping his side can put on a performance and get their season going with the possibility of a cup run – which culminates in a final at Carrow Road – a nice prospect.
Fakenham go into the fourth-round match having lost 6-3 at home at the weekend in another pulsating, goal-packed match against Newmarket Town.
Having come from a half-time deficit of 3-0, to win 4-3 away a few weeks ago, a similar comeback was needed, but it was the visitors who had total control of the game and eventually took the spoils this time. Player-boss Harris, Matt Franks and Ricky Claxton found the net, opening their league accounts for the season.
The club’s reserves face Freethorpe at Clipbush Park on Saturday (2pm), their first competitive fixture in November. They were scheduled to face Hindringham in a friendly last night.
You may also want to watch:
The Under-18s’ game against top placed East & Otley College, due to be played on Monday evening was postponed, as another game fell foul to the bad weather of late – despite valiant efforts by the Ghosts groundsman to get pitches playable. Their next fixture is on Wednesday at Sheringham.
Fakenham lost 4-3 at Brandon on Sunday to bow out of the Ladies Cup. Nina Batchelor, Rochelle Woods and Natalie Wright scored.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27