Fakenham Town manager Wayne Anderson rues lack of momentum
Fakenham Tn 0, Whitton Utd 2
FAKENHAM Town boss Wayne Anderson bemoaned the stop-start nature of the Ghosts’ season after their third successive league defeat on Saturday.
Anderson’s men succumbed to two second half goals as third-placed Whitton kept their faint hopes of winning the Ridgeons League First Division title alive.
After a seven-match unbeaten run, Fakenham have lost to three of the top four sides in their last three outings, but now face another Saturday without a game this weekend.
Anderson said: “It is really difficult for the boys to get any momentum going when we have so many weekends without games. And it doesn’t help when we’re playing sides at the top of the table.”
With four games remaining, the Ghosts now face a battle to hold on to ninth place after Swaffham drew level on points with them at the weekend. That gives the Easter Monday clash between the two Norfolk sides a touch of added spice.
Anderson remains positive about the club’s future, adding: “If we can carry on the way we’re going this season and maybe add one or two experienced players, I see no reason why we can’t finish in the top four next season.”
- 1 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 2 Fancy dress runners brave elements for Pensthorpe festive 5K
- 3 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 4 Hundreds gather for return of Wells Christmas Tide Festival
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Sports centre hopes to unite members old and new for 50th anniversary
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
Ben Coe played for King’s Lynn in their League Cup semi-final on Tuesday, but Anderson is hopeful the midfielder will be allowed to resume his loan spell with Fakenham before the game at Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday week.