Fakenham Town manager Wayne Anderson rues lack of momentum
Fakenham Tn 0, Whitton Utd 2
FAKENHAM Town boss Wayne Anderson bemoaned the stop-start nature of the Ghosts’ season after their third successive league defeat on Saturday.
Anderson’s men succumbed to two second half goals as third-placed Whitton kept their faint hopes of winning the Ridgeons League First Division title alive.
After a seven-match unbeaten run, Fakenham have lost to three of the top four sides in their last three outings, but now face another Saturday without a game this weekend.
Anderson said: “It is really difficult for the boys to get any momentum going when we have so many weekends without games. And it doesn’t help when we’re playing sides at the top of the table.”
With four games remaining, the Ghosts now face a battle to hold on to ninth place after Swaffham drew level on points with them at the weekend. That gives the Easter Monday clash between the two Norfolk sides a touch of added spice.
Anderson remains positive about the club’s future, adding: “If we can carry on the way we’re going this season and maybe add one or two experienced players, I see no reason why we can’t finish in the top four next season.”
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
Ben Coe played for King’s Lynn in their League Cup semi-final on Tuesday, but Anderson is hopeful the midfielder will be allowed to resume his loan spell with Fakenham before the game at Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday week.