Fakenham Town rue late goals
Swaffham Tn 2, Fakenham Tn 1
TEN-MAN Fakenham crashed out of the Red Insure Cup at the preliminary round stage after a controversial defeat at derby rivals Swaffham on Tuesday night.
The Ghosts took the lead on 24 minutes when Sam Garner set up in-form Ben Boyce and he stroked the ball past the keeper and into the net.
Fakenham twice had efforts cleared off the line, but had a reprieve just before half-time when Swaffham had a goal disallowed.
Swaffham were awarded a disputed penalty on 56 minutes to level the score, and 12 minutes later it got worse for Fakenham as Garner was sent off.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then netted a late winner to move into the next round.
Fakenham: Walpole, Harvey, Parkes, Page, Gilchrist, Garner, Tricks, Coe, Plumb, Boyce, Harris. Subs: Sommerton, Steed, Jones, Williams, Youngs.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
Newmarket Tn 4, Fakenham Tn 4
FAKENHAM frittered away a four-goal lead as they drew at Newmarket in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division on Saturday.
The Ghosts appeared to be cruising as Ben Boyce hit a hat-trick and James Tricks also scored, making it 4-0 after 57 minutes.
But the hosts hit back with three goals and although Alex Walpole made some fine saves, he could not prevent Newmarket’s late leveller.