Fakenham Town rue late goals
Swaffham Tn 2, Fakenham Tn 1
TEN-MAN Fakenham crashed out of the Red Insure Cup at the preliminary round stage after a controversial defeat at derby rivals Swaffham on Tuesday night.
The Ghosts took the lead on 24 minutes when Sam Garner set up in-form Ben Boyce and he stroked the ball past the keeper and into the net.
Fakenham twice had efforts cleared off the line, but had a reprieve just before half-time when Swaffham had a goal disallowed.
Swaffham were awarded a disputed penalty on 56 minutes to level the score, and 12 minutes later it got worse for Fakenham as Garner was sent off.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then netted a late winner to move into the next round.
Fakenham: Walpole, Harvey, Parkes, Page, Gilchrist, Garner, Tricks, Coe, Plumb, Boyce, Harris. Subs: Sommerton, Steed, Jones, Williams, Youngs.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
Newmarket Tn 4, Fakenham Tn 4
FAKENHAM frittered away a four-goal lead as they drew at Newmarket in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division on Saturday.
The Ghosts appeared to be cruising as Ben Boyce hit a hat-trick and James Tricks also scored, making it 4-0 after 57 minutes.
But the hosts hit back with three goals and although Alex Walpole made some fine saves, he could not prevent Newmarket’s late leveller.