Fakenham Town’s Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division joy short lived at FC Clacton
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Fakenham Town let a half-time lead slip as they tasted another disappointing defeat.
The Ghosts hit the front for the first time in a Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division match this season at FC Clacton on Saturday. Yet they failed to build on Ashley Jarvis’ seventh goal of the campaign and lost 3-1.
“It was nice to score the first goal and to be leading at the break,” said player-boss Robbie Harris, who disputed the awarding of a second-half penalty to the hosts.
“In all honesty we perhaps should have got a second before half-time and the second half would have been more comfortable. The most annoying thing though is the way we lost the game by not performing at all in the second half.”
Fakenham, who have re-signed George Brooks, were in League Cup action last night, after the paper had gone to print, at home to Ely City. They welcome Walsham-le-Willows for a league encounter on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts’ second-string moved off the foot of the Anglian Combination Division Three table on Saturday by beating Costessey Sports 3-0.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages