Fakenham Town’s Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division joy short lived at FC Clacton
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Fakenham Town let a half-time lead slip as they tasted another disappointing defeat.
The Ghosts hit the front for the first time in a Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division match this season at FC Clacton on Saturday. Yet they failed to build on Ashley Jarvis’ seventh goal of the campaign and lost 3-1.
“It was nice to score the first goal and to be leading at the break,” said player-boss Robbie Harris, who disputed the awarding of a second-half penalty to the hosts.
“In all honesty we perhaps should have got a second before half-time and the second half would have been more comfortable. The most annoying thing though is the way we lost the game by not performing at all in the second half.”
Fakenham, who have re-signed George Brooks, were in League Cup action last night, after the paper had gone to print, at home to Ely City. They welcome Walsham-le-Willows for a league encounter on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts’ second-string moved off the foot of the Anglian Combination Division Three table on Saturday by beating Costessey Sports 3-0.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk