Fakenham Town’s Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division joy short lived at FC Clacton
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Fakenham Town let a half-time lead slip as they tasted another disappointing defeat.
The Ghosts hit the front for the first time in a Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division match this season at FC Clacton on Saturday. Yet they failed to build on Ashley Jarvis’ seventh goal of the campaign and lost 3-1.
“It was nice to score the first goal and to be leading at the break,” said player-boss Robbie Harris, who disputed the awarding of a second-half penalty to the hosts.
“In all honesty we perhaps should have got a second before half-time and the second half would have been more comfortable. The most annoying thing though is the way we lost the game by not performing at all in the second half.”
Fakenham, who have re-signed George Brooks, were in League Cup action last night, after the paper had gone to print, at home to Ely City. They welcome Walsham-le-Willows for a league encounter on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts’ second-string moved off the foot of the Anglian Combination Division Three table on Saturday by beating Costessey Sports 3-0.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 7 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening