Fakenham Town seek striker reinforcements
FAKENHAM manager Wayne Anderson has revealed he is hot on the heels of a replacement for striker James Tricks.
Tricks, who has scored nine goals for the Ghosts this season, completed his move to Peterborough Northern Star last week and made his debut as a substitute for the UCL Premier Division side in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Huntingdon.
With leading scorer Ben Boyce out injured and Shaun Steed joining Sheringham, Fakenham are short of options up front, but Anderson remains confident they can maintain their challenge at the top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
“I’m talking to someone at the moment who plays in the Premier Division and I’m hoping in the next week or two we can sign him,” said Anderson, whose side travel to Team Bury on Saturday. “We’ve also got Kristian Jones who has been on the bench for the last couple of weeks and is chomping at the bit.
“He’s been in and out since he got a bad hamstring injury in pre-season, but he’s a big strapping lad who has played at a higher level and he can come in alongside Kyle Plumb up front.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, former Oldham defender Paul Armstrong is set to train with Fakenham, with Anderson hoping he might be able to secure the services of the 27-year-old.
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback