Fakenham Town seek striker reinforcements
FAKENHAM manager Wayne Anderson has revealed he is hot on the heels of a replacement for striker James Tricks.
Tricks, who has scored nine goals for the Ghosts this season, completed his move to Peterborough Northern Star last week and made his debut as a substitute for the UCL Premier Division side in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Huntingdon.
With leading scorer Ben Boyce out injured and Shaun Steed joining Sheringham, Fakenham are short of options up front, but Anderson remains confident they can maintain their challenge at the top of the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
“I’m talking to someone at the moment who plays in the Premier Division and I’m hoping in the next week or two we can sign him,” said Anderson, whose side travel to Team Bury on Saturday. “We’ve also got Kristian Jones who has been on the bench for the last couple of weeks and is chomping at the bit.
“He’s been in and out since he got a bad hamstring injury in pre-season, but he’s a big strapping lad who has played at a higher level and he can come in alongside Kyle Plumb up front.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, former Oldham defender Paul Armstrong is set to train with Fakenham, with Anderson hoping he might be able to secure the services of the 27-year-old.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat