Fakenham Town stretch unbeaten run to five games
Fakenham Tn 2, Cambridge University Press 2
FAKENHAM let a two-goal lead slip at Clipbush Park on Saturday but extended their unbeaten run in the Ridgeons League First Division to five games.
Manager Wayne Anderson was forced into changes, with Ben Coe and Ryan Pearson coming in for Kristian Jones and Karl Pask, while Jason Pease replaced Jason Day.
After a scrappy start, the Ghosts took the lead on 14 minutes when Adam Woodhouse scored with a near post header from a Pease corner.
Fakenham were then caught on the break and Tom Rix saved well at the feet of Blandford. Pearson had a good chance to open his account for Fakenham but shot just wide after another strong run by Kyle Plumb.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts went two up at the start of the second half when a superb cross by Sam Garner was well finished by James Tricks.
On 55 minutes Press were awarded a free-kick on the right which Town failed to deal with and a deft finish pulled a goal back.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
A minute later the visitors were awarded a penalty which they converted to level the scores.
Tricks hit the woodwork twice as Fakenham searched in vain for the winner.
Fakenham Town: Rix, L Day, Pease, Gilchrist, Woodhouse, Garner, Coe, Page, Tricks, Plumb (Manning 85), Pearson (J Day 72).