Fakenham Town stretch unbeaten run to five games
Fakenham Tn 2, Cambridge University Press 2
FAKENHAM let a two-goal lead slip at Clipbush Park on Saturday but extended their unbeaten run in the Ridgeons League First Division to five games.
Manager Wayne Anderson was forced into changes, with Ben Coe and Ryan Pearson coming in for Kristian Jones and Karl Pask, while Jason Pease replaced Jason Day.
After a scrappy start, the Ghosts took the lead on 14 minutes when Adam Woodhouse scored with a near post header from a Pease corner.
Fakenham were then caught on the break and Tom Rix saved well at the feet of Blandford. Pearson had a good chance to open his account for Fakenham but shot just wide after another strong run by Kyle Plumb.
The Ghosts went two up at the start of the second half when a superb cross by Sam Garner was well finished by James Tricks.
On 55 minutes Press were awarded a free-kick on the right which Town failed to deal with and a deft finish pulled a goal back.
- 1 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 2 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 5 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 6 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 9 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 10 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
A minute later the visitors were awarded a penalty which they converted to level the scores.
Tricks hit the woodwork twice as Fakenham searched in vain for the winner.
Fakenham Town: Rix, L Day, Pease, Gilchrist, Woodhouse, Garner, Coe, Page, Tricks, Plumb (Manning 85), Pearson (J Day 72).