Fakenham Town stretch unbeaten run to five games
Fakenham Tn 2, Cambridge University Press 2
FAKENHAM let a two-goal lead slip at Clipbush Park on Saturday but extended their unbeaten run in the Ridgeons League First Division to five games.
Manager Wayne Anderson was forced into changes, with Ben Coe and Ryan Pearson coming in for Kristian Jones and Karl Pask, while Jason Pease replaced Jason Day.
After a scrappy start, the Ghosts took the lead on 14 minutes when Adam Woodhouse scored with a near post header from a Pease corner.
Fakenham were then caught on the break and Tom Rix saved well at the feet of Blandford. Pearson had a good chance to open his account for Fakenham but shot just wide after another strong run by Kyle Plumb.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts went two up at the start of the second half when a superb cross by Sam Garner was well finished by James Tricks.
On 55 minutes Press were awarded a free-kick on the right which Town failed to deal with and a deft finish pulled a goal back.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
A minute later the visitors were awarded a penalty which they converted to level the scores.
Tricks hit the woodwork twice as Fakenham searched in vain for the winner.
Fakenham Town: Rix, L Day, Pease, Gilchrist, Woodhouse, Garner, Coe, Page, Tricks, Plumb (Manning 85), Pearson (J Day 72).