First director of football for Ghosts
Fakenham Town have appointed their first director of football, Geoff Saunders swapping the chairmanship for the new role.
Club president Bill Clayton said he would be taking over the chairmanship until a new appointment was made. He said the move was influenced by Saunders’ work commitments.
“We thank him for the excellent work he has done as chairman over the last 18 months, and we wish him well in his new role, which is quite a big job.
“We felt we needed a director of football to co-ordinate the work involving 10 youth teams, a first team, reserves, A team and under-18s. He loves football and we think he is an excellent choice for the job.”
The Ghosts continued their pre-season with a home game with Dereham Reserves on Saturday, which they won 4-1 in another encouraging performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts were missing at least four members of their first team squad, while the Magpies included several players of Ridgeons Premier experience.
Fakenham’s goals came from Julian Delicata, Jake Betts, Ash Manning and Karl Pask.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk