First director of football for Ghosts
Fakenham Town have appointed their first director of football, Geoff Saunders swapping the chairmanship for the new role.
Club president Bill Clayton said he would be taking over the chairmanship until a new appointment was made. He said the move was influenced by Saunders’ work commitments.
“We thank him for the excellent work he has done as chairman over the last 18 months, and we wish him well in his new role, which is quite a big job.
“We felt we needed a director of football to co-ordinate the work involving 10 youth teams, a first team, reserves, A team and under-18s. He loves football and we think he is an excellent choice for the job.”
The Ghosts continued their pre-season with a home game with Dereham Reserves on Saturday, which they won 4-1 in another encouraging performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts were missing at least four members of their first team squad, while the Magpies included several players of Ridgeons Premier experience.
Fakenham’s goals came from Julian Delicata, Jake Betts, Ash Manning and Karl Pask.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 8 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests