First director of football for Ghosts
Fakenham Town have appointed their first director of football, Geoff Saunders swapping the chairmanship for the new role.
Club president Bill Clayton said he would be taking over the chairmanship until a new appointment was made. He said the move was influenced by Saunders’ work commitments.
“We thank him for the excellent work he has done as chairman over the last 18 months, and we wish him well in his new role, which is quite a big job.
“We felt we needed a director of football to co-ordinate the work involving 10 youth teams, a first team, reserves, A team and under-18s. He loves football and we think he is an excellent choice for the job.”
The Ghosts continued their pre-season with a home game with Dereham Reserves on Saturday, which they won 4-1 in another encouraging performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts were missing at least four members of their first team squad, while the Magpies included several players of Ridgeons Premier experience.
Fakenham’s goals came from Julian Delicata, Jake Betts, Ash Manning and Karl Pask.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 8 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 9 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 10 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday