First director of football for Ghosts
Fakenham Town have appointed their first director of football, Geoff Saunders swapping the chairmanship for the new role.
Club president Bill Clayton said he would be taking over the chairmanship until a new appointment was made. He said the move was influenced by Saunders’ work commitments.
“We thank him for the excellent work he has done as chairman over the last 18 months, and we wish him well in his new role, which is quite a big job.
“We felt we needed a director of football to co-ordinate the work involving 10 youth teams, a first team, reserves, A team and under-18s. He loves football and we think he is an excellent choice for the job.”
The Ghosts continued their pre-season with a home game with Dereham Reserves on Saturday, which they won 4-1 in another encouraging performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts were missing at least four members of their first team squad, while the Magpies included several players of Ridgeons Premier experience.
Fakenham’s goals came from Julian Delicata, Jake Betts, Ash Manning and Karl Pask.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 9 Here is your chance to win your very own holiday home for a year
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter