First season full of promise
Fakenham Ladies Reserves 0, Red Rose 3
This completed a highly promising first campaign for the young Ghosts who can look forward to next season with great expectations.
At a sun-soaked Clipbush Park, Red Rose made the early running and were soon a goal to the good after a defensive mix-up.
Fakenham were struggling to gain a foothold in the game with Kelly Adcock often finding herself isolated in the middle of Town’s usually reliable midfield.
Up front Lorren Payne, Ashleigh Harrison and Jodie Proctor were often feeding off scraps as the midfield struggled to support them.
The defence were having to work overtime as Red Rose continued to press, and more pressure resulted in Red Rose going in two goals up at half-time.
Fakenham tried to show more urgency after the break and carved out a couple of good chances, one of which looked to gone over the line but was not given.
- 1 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 2 How former teacher's love for the high street inspired shop opening
- 3 Crash between car and van blocks part of the A1065
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 6 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 7 How town's new lifeboat station will also help protect wildlife
- 8 Fakenham pub saves the day after town's switch on cancelled
- 9 Norfolk MP celebrates success of two young entrepreneurs
- 10 Tree planted in honour of vaccine volunteers
Fakenham continued to battle but suffered a number of injuries which disrupted their pattern on play.
Jemma Riches and Kim Pannell at the heart of the Fakenham defence were again proving a good pairing and Liz Brown was putting in her usual strong display until she too had to leave the field due to injury.
Late in the game Ellie Ready, who had made some telling interceptions, played a good through-ball in behind the Red Rose defence, but it all came to naught. In the final minutes Red Rose scored the final goal to win 3-0.