Football: Campaign ends with victory for Hindringham
Hindringham 3 Hellesdon 0
Hindringham finished the campaign with a fine victory to claim ninth place in Anglian Combination Division One.
They named the same side which defeated Hellesdon the week before, with Whittred, Marsh and Savory on the bench.
Hindringham started well on a wet surface and with Cameron dictating the play early on with his fine range of passing. Hindringham earned a penalty early on – but Belton’s spot-kick was saved by the keeper.
The hosts soon took the lead when Bulley latched onto a through ball and beat the keeper. It soon became 2-0, when Hudson went on one of his runs from deep and beat two men before coolly slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham came out second half with Whittred on for the injured Cameron – and he soon opened his account, with a well-taken finish after great work from Betts.
Hindringham had other chances which went begging, but all in all produced a good team display to round off the season.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Manager Marcus Oliver said: “We have been playing very well the past month and if this side stays together in senior football, as that’s the standard these players should aim to play in, we will have a side which can compete at the top of the table.”
Hindringham’s presentation evening is on Saturday, at The Pavilion, 7.30pm start.