Football: Campaign ends with victory for Hindringham
Hindringham 3 Hellesdon 0
Hindringham finished the campaign with a fine victory to claim ninth place in Anglian Combination Division One.
They named the same side which defeated Hellesdon the week before, with Whittred, Marsh and Savory on the bench.
Hindringham started well on a wet surface and with Cameron dictating the play early on with his fine range of passing. Hindringham earned a penalty early on – but Belton’s spot-kick was saved by the keeper.
The hosts soon took the lead when Bulley latched onto a through ball and beat the keeper. It soon became 2-0, when Hudson went on one of his runs from deep and beat two men before coolly slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham came out second half with Whittred on for the injured Cameron – and he soon opened his account, with a well-taken finish after great work from Betts.
Hindringham had other chances which went begging, but all in all produced a good team display to round off the season.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
Manager Marcus Oliver said: “We have been playing very well the past month and if this side stays together in senior football, as that’s the standard these players should aim to play in, we will have a side which can compete at the top of the table.”
Hindringham’s presentation evening is on Saturday, at The Pavilion, 7.30pm start.