Football: Campaign ends with victory for Hindringham
Hindringham 3 Hellesdon 0
Hindringham finished the campaign with a fine victory to claim ninth place in Anglian Combination Division One.
They named the same side which defeated Hellesdon the week before, with Whittred, Marsh and Savory on the bench.
Hindringham started well on a wet surface and with Cameron dictating the play early on with his fine range of passing. Hindringham earned a penalty early on – but Belton’s spot-kick was saved by the keeper.
The hosts soon took the lead when Bulley latched onto a through ball and beat the keeper. It soon became 2-0, when Hudson went on one of his runs from deep and beat two men before coolly slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham came out second half with Whittred on for the injured Cameron – and he soon opened his account, with a well-taken finish after great work from Betts.
Hindringham had other chances which went begging, but all in all produced a good team display to round off the season.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Manager Marcus Oliver said: “We have been playing very well the past month and if this side stays together in senior football, as that’s the standard these players should aim to play in, we will have a side which can compete at the top of the table.”
Hindringham’s presentation evening is on Saturday, at The Pavilion, 7.30pm start.