Football: Campaign ends with victory for Hindringham
Hindringham 3 Hellesdon 0
Hindringham finished the campaign with a fine victory to claim ninth place in Anglian Combination Division One.
They named the same side which defeated Hellesdon the week before, with Whittred, Marsh and Savory on the bench.
Hindringham started well on a wet surface and with Cameron dictating the play early on with his fine range of passing. Hindringham earned a penalty early on – but Belton’s spot-kick was saved by the keeper.
The hosts soon took the lead when Bulley latched onto a through ball and beat the keeper. It soon became 2-0, when Hudson went on one of his runs from deep and beat two men before coolly slotting home.
Hindringham came out second half with Whittred on for the injured Cameron – and he soon opened his account, with a well-taken finish after great work from Betts.
Hindringham had other chances which went begging, but all in all produced a good team display to round off the season.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 7 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 8 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 9 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Manager Marcus Oliver said: “We have been playing very well the past month and if this side stays together in senior football, as that’s the standard these players should aim to play in, we will have a side which can compete at the top of the table.”
Hindringham’s presentation evening is on Saturday, at The Pavilion, 7.30pm start.