Football: Campaign ends with victory for Hindringham
Hindringham 3 Hellesdon 0
Hindringham finished the campaign with a fine victory to claim ninth place in Anglian Combination Division One.
They named the same side which defeated Hellesdon the week before, with Whittred, Marsh and Savory on the bench.
Hindringham started well on a wet surface and with Cameron dictating the play early on with his fine range of passing. Hindringham earned a penalty early on – but Belton’s spot-kick was saved by the keeper.
The hosts soon took the lead when Bulley latched onto a through ball and beat the keeper. It soon became 2-0, when Hudson went on one of his runs from deep and beat two men before coolly slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham came out second half with Whittred on for the injured Cameron – and he soon opened his account, with a well-taken finish after great work from Betts.
Hindringham had other chances which went begging, but all in all produced a good team display to round off the season.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
Manager Marcus Oliver said: “We have been playing very well the past month and if this side stays together in senior football, as that’s the standard these players should aim to play in, we will have a side which can compete at the top of the table.”
Hindringham’s presentation evening is on Saturday, at The Pavilion, 7.30pm start.