Foxes' name first on trophy
The Fakenham Foxes travelled to Thetford for the new Forrest Challenge Cup named after Rachel Forrest, who started her rugby career at Fakenham but retired early due to injury.
The Fakenham Foxes travelled to Thetford for the new Forrest Challenge Cup named after Rachel Forrest, who started her rugby career at Fakenham but retired early due to injury. She is now a qualified referee and has given support and excellent refereeing to the ladies' game.
Thetford 5, Fakenham Foxes 26
The Foxes, fired up and focused, scored an early try when Kym crashed through the centre.
Foxes took control and the forwards were key throughout with good line-out and rucking skills and making precious ground with strong runs and driving mauls.
You may also want to watch:
Midway through the first half the backs put ball through hands to release Sian to score. Kym at No 8 suited this position and drove through to score again before half-time for 19-0
In the second half the Foxes sat back and Thetford scored an early try. Thetford made tireless attacks and it could have been the turning point when they broke away, but the ball was spilt over the line.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
The Foxes woke up and some superb rugby from both teams followed. The Foxes sealed victory with another try from Sian. Conversions were kicked by Stacey and Ruth. An entertaining and exciting game with many thanks to the supporters.
Both teams thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to their next battle at Fakenham on April 20.
Rachel Forrest presented the cup to captain Mandy Warren, who thanked Rachel for her continued support and her team for their commitment and enthusiasm to the club.