Friday woe for Ghosts
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham 2-1 in Ridgeons League Division One Friday night, denying the visitors their first victory of the season.
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1
Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham in Ridgeons One Friday night, denying the visitors their first league victory of the season.
The Ghosts led at half-time thanks to a super strike by ex-Thetford man Karl Pask on 28 minutes. He latched onto a long, low ball from the Fakenham half, made ground and cracked a 25-yarder into the top right corner of the net. Thetford's Kwami Jones was red carded in the 42nd minute for an off the ball incident spotted by a linesman.
The equaliser came from Simon Mann on the hour and the same player netted Thetford's winner in the 77th minute.
Visiting supporters wondered just how the Ghosts managed to lose after looking a good outfit in the first half of open football when they created an encouraging number of chances.
Jones' sending off - the big striker had already been spoken to after one off-the-ball incident - gave Fakenham an advantage that they failed to take make count second half, when it often looked as if Thetford had the extra man.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 5 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 6 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 7 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 8 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 9 Church hopes jubilee events will help fund stained glass window repairs
- 10 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
Fakenham lost grip midfield, saw a return of their defensive frailties and generally disappointed in the second period.