Friday woe for Ghosts
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham 2-1 in Ridgeons League Division One Friday night, denying the visitors their first victory of the season.
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1
Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham in Ridgeons One Friday night, denying the visitors their first league victory of the season.
The Ghosts led at half-time thanks to a super strike by ex-Thetford man Karl Pask on 28 minutes. He latched onto a long, low ball from the Fakenham half, made ground and cracked a 25-yarder into the top right corner of the net. Thetford's Kwami Jones was red carded in the 42nd minute for an off the ball incident spotted by a linesman.
The equaliser came from Simon Mann on the hour and the same player netted Thetford's winner in the 77th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Visiting supporters wondered just how the Ghosts managed to lose after looking a good outfit in the first half of open football when they created an encouraging number of chances.
Jones' sending off - the big striker had already been spoken to after one off-the-ball incident - gave Fakenham an advantage that they failed to take make count second half, when it often looked as if Thetford had the extra man.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
Fakenham lost grip midfield, saw a return of their defensive frailties and generally disappointed in the second period.