Friday woe for Ghosts
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham 2-1 in Ridgeons League Division One Friday night, denying the visitors their first victory of the season.
Thetford Town 2, Fakenham Town 1
Ten-man Thetford Town fought back to beat Fakenham in Ridgeons One Friday night, denying the visitors their first league victory of the season.
The Ghosts led at half-time thanks to a super strike by ex-Thetford man Karl Pask on 28 minutes. He latched onto a long, low ball from the Fakenham half, made ground and cracked a 25-yarder into the top right corner of the net. Thetford's Kwami Jones was red carded in the 42nd minute for an off the ball incident spotted by a linesman.
The equaliser came from Simon Mann on the hour and the same player netted Thetford's winner in the 77th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Visiting supporters wondered just how the Ghosts managed to lose after looking a good outfit in the first half of open football when they created an encouraging number of chances.
Jones' sending off - the big striker had already been spoken to after one off-the-ball incident - gave Fakenham an advantage that they failed to take make count second half, when it often looked as if Thetford had the extra man.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 10 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
Fakenham lost grip midfield, saw a return of their defensive frailties and generally disappointed in the second period.