Fruitless trip for Seasiders
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Grocott put Wells into the driving seat when he slotted home from close range.
Wells searched for a killer goal but good keeping and poor finishing denied them. With only four minutes remaining, the hosts equalised and in injury time they pounced to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Wells travel to Scole on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
Wells Reserves went out of the CS Morley Cup 2-0 to Easton Reserves.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies
The Seasiders struggled to create any real goal-scoring chances, and when they did, a solid display from the visiting keeper prevented them scoring.
Wells Reserves host Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.