Fruitless trip for Seasiders
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Grocott put Wells into the driving seat when he slotted home from close range.
Wells searched for a killer goal but good keeping and poor finishing denied them. With only four minutes remaining, the hosts equalised and in injury time they pounced to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Wells travel to Scole on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
Wells Reserves went out of the CS Morley Cup 2-0 to Easton Reserves.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
The Seasiders struggled to create any real goal-scoring chances, and when they did, a solid display from the visiting keeper prevented them scoring.
Wells Reserves host Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.