Fruitless trip for Seasiders
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Grocott put Wells into the driving seat when he slotted home from close range.
Wells searched for a killer goal but good keeping and poor finishing denied them. With only four minutes remaining, the hosts equalised and in injury time they pounced to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Wells travel to Scole on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
Wells Reserves went out of the CS Morley Cup 2-0 to Easton Reserves.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
The Seasiders struggled to create any real goal-scoring chances, and when they did, a solid display from the visiting keeper prevented them scoring.
Wells Reserves host Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.