Fruitless trip for Seasiders
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Sole Bay 2, Wells Town 1
WELLS let a 1-0 lead slip. In the first 15 minutes they looked sharp, with Broughton causing problems before injury, giving Peczkowski his first appearance.
Grocott put Wells into the driving seat when he slotted home from close range.
Wells searched for a killer goal but good keeping and poor finishing denied them. With only four minutes remaining, the hosts equalised and in injury time they pounced to score the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Wells travel to Scole on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
Wells Reserves went out of the CS Morley Cup 2-0 to Easton Reserves.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
The Seasiders struggled to create any real goal-scoring chances, and when they did, a solid display from the visiting keeper prevented them scoring.
Wells Reserves host Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.