Future is looking rosier for Wells Town
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Following some indifferent results in pre-season and the first two league matches Wells Town dipped into the transfer market and added further quality to the squad.
This certainly paid off on Saturday when they beat Acle United Reserves 5-2 at Beach Road.
King’s Lynn Reserves’ keeper stepped straight into the squad followed by Wez Aucker and Taylor King, transferred overnight from Dersingham, for which the club were grateful.
Todd Coughlan signed midweek but was unavailable. The strengthening of the side was a must and with other quality players joining in the next two weeks the season is looking brighter. Former player Jimmy Hazell has joined the coaching squad at Beach Road.
A three-goal haul by Ross Brewster with the first coming in the first minute gave the Seasiders a good start, the third coming on the stroke of half-time. Brewster scored number four midway through the second period as the side looked stronger from front to back.
You may also want to watch:
Acle reduced the arrears twice as Wells took the foot of the pedal before King added his first for Wells after a persistent Brewster crossed from deep near the touchline allowing a simple tap-in.
Town having no scheduled fixture on Saturday while the Reserves travel to Hellesdon Reserves (2.30pm).
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 8 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Up in the Premier Division Bradenham Wanderers have now won two and lost two after being beaten 2-1 at home by Caister (Ryan Curtis).
They host Blofield on Saturday while Mattishall, who were without a game at the weekend, are at home to Hellesdon.