Future is looking rosier for Wells Town
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Following some indifferent results in pre-season and the first two league matches Wells Town dipped into the transfer market and added further quality to the squad.
This certainly paid off on Saturday when they beat Acle United Reserves 5-2 at Beach Road.
King’s Lynn Reserves’ keeper stepped straight into the squad followed by Wez Aucker and Taylor King, transferred overnight from Dersingham, for which the club were grateful.
Todd Coughlan signed midweek but was unavailable. The strengthening of the side was a must and with other quality players joining in the next two weeks the season is looking brighter. Former player Jimmy Hazell has joined the coaching squad at Beach Road.
A three-goal haul by Ross Brewster with the first coming in the first minute gave the Seasiders a good start, the third coming on the stroke of half-time. Brewster scored number four midway through the second period as the side looked stronger from front to back.
You may also want to watch:
Acle reduced the arrears twice as Wells took the foot of the pedal before King added his first for Wells after a persistent Brewster crossed from deep near the touchline allowing a simple tap-in.
Town having no scheduled fixture on Saturday while the Reserves travel to Hellesdon Reserves (2.30pm).
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Up in the Premier Division Bradenham Wanderers have now won two and lost two after being beaten 2-1 at home by Caister (Ryan Curtis).
They host Blofield on Saturday while Mattishall, who were without a game at the weekend, are at home to Hellesdon.