Gallow A meet tough opponents
The Gallow men's A team lost away to a strong Acle A, 100-53 on shots, 5-2 on points.The rinks of Richard Mason and Mark Riches played well to win, but with some players unavailable it was difficult to obtain a better result.
The Gallow men's A team lost away to a strong Acle A, 100-53 on shots, 5-2 on points.
The rinks of Richard Mason and Mark Riches played well to win, but with some players unavailable it was difficult to obtain a better result.
D Taney, T Beck, M Wilkinson, R Mason won 17-12; D Hood, J Piercy, S Lowe, M Riches won 20-17; D Webb, K Humphrey, A Walton, M King lost 7-32; N Moulton, P Bidewell, P Shackcloth, W Graver lost 9-39.
Gallow men's B played Brecks A and obtained an excellent win to ease their relegations worries. The rinks skipped by Ken Frohawk and Colin Whiteside won well, making sure of winning the three points for highest aggregate shots. The result was a win for Gallow 80-77 (5-2).
You may also want to watch:
P Pitkin, P Rayner, D Vaughan, K Frohawk won 28-14; I Routh, B James, J Wilkinson, C Whiteside won 27-15; R Preston, J Shackcloth, L Seppings, G Wright lost 19-24; C Frary, J Miller, H Kirby, K Mallett lost 6-24.
Playing against Dereham Ladies at home, Gallow Ladies B won 66-50 (7-1) in the league.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 9 Here is your chance to win your very own holiday home for a year
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
D Randall, D Tuck, D Ramm won 23-9; C Lincoln, R Goold, S Burlingham won 14-7; H Barnes, E Ledgerwood, J Green won 14-10; P Barraclough, K Hall, M Bowyer lost 15-24.
Ten of the Gallow juniors entered the Pentney IBC U16 tournament on Saturday, four - Daniel Cawthorne, Lee Johnson, Curtis Walters and Dean Johnson - getting through the round robin stage to the knockout places.
There were some very good bowlers in the event from clubs throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. Dean Johnson won through to the quarter-finals stage but was beaten by good play from his opponent in the last couple of ends.
Three more Gallow players competed in the U25 event on Sunday. Sam King and Sean Savory got through to the knockout stage but were subsequently beaten.