Gallow A meet tough opponents
The Gallow men's A team lost away to a strong Acle A, 100-53 on shots, 5-2 on points.The rinks of Richard Mason and Mark Riches played well to win, but with some players unavailable it was difficult to obtain a better result.
The Gallow men's A team lost away to a strong Acle A, 100-53 on shots, 5-2 on points.
The rinks of Richard Mason and Mark Riches played well to win, but with some players unavailable it was difficult to obtain a better result.
D Taney, T Beck, M Wilkinson, R Mason won 17-12; D Hood, J Piercy, S Lowe, M Riches won 20-17; D Webb, K Humphrey, A Walton, M King lost 7-32; N Moulton, P Bidewell, P Shackcloth, W Graver lost 9-39.
Gallow men's B played Brecks A and obtained an excellent win to ease their relegations worries. The rinks skipped by Ken Frohawk and Colin Whiteside won well, making sure of winning the three points for highest aggregate shots. The result was a win for Gallow 80-77 (5-2).
You may also want to watch:
P Pitkin, P Rayner, D Vaughan, K Frohawk won 28-14; I Routh, B James, J Wilkinson, C Whiteside won 27-15; R Preston, J Shackcloth, L Seppings, G Wright lost 19-24; C Frary, J Miller, H Kirby, K Mallett lost 6-24.
Playing against Dereham Ladies at home, Gallow Ladies B won 66-50 (7-1) in the league.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
D Randall, D Tuck, D Ramm won 23-9; C Lincoln, R Goold, S Burlingham won 14-7; H Barnes, E Ledgerwood, J Green won 14-10; P Barraclough, K Hall, M Bowyer lost 15-24.
Ten of the Gallow juniors entered the Pentney IBC U16 tournament on Saturday, four - Daniel Cawthorne, Lee Johnson, Curtis Walters and Dean Johnson - getting through the round robin stage to the knockout places.
There were some very good bowlers in the event from clubs throughout Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire. Dean Johnson won through to the quarter-finals stage but was beaten by good play from his opponent in the last couple of ends.
Three more Gallow players competed in the U25 event on Sunday. Sam King and Sean Savory got through to the knockout stage but were subsequently beaten.