Gallow bowls latest
BOWLS: The Gallow Men’s A team, in the Norfolk Premier League at Lakeside A, lost. Each team won on two rinks, but Lakeside won on aggregate by 11 shots.
Scores: D Webb, T Beck, M Starkey, M King won 22-17. L Seppings, R Nurse, W Graver, P Shackcloth won 21-19. D Taney, D Vaughan, A Walton. R Mason lost 21-15. S King, S Savory, S Lowe, M Riches lost 23-11.
In the Over-60 Men’s National Double Rinks, Gallow lost on both rinks to Pinewood Park.
Playing against Norfolk Bowling Club in the Under-25 National Double Rinks, the Gallow team lost to a very strong team who could go along way in this competition.
This was a very good experience for Gallow’s much younger players, and they thank Jamie Chestney, Sam King and Shaun Savory for playing with the younger players.
You may also want to watch:
Home team Rhys Morgan, Lee Johnson, Danny Cawthorne, Jamie Chestney lost 25-13. Away Team Jake Biggs, Curtis Walters, Shaun Savory, Sam King lost 22-16.
The Gallow Ladies’ A team, at home against Browston Ladies’ A in the Premier League, won 57 shots to 33 (7-1).
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
Scores: L Ward, S King, M Emment won 16-4. J Rix V Howe, L Hannant won 15-6, A Leverett, S Burlingham, J Wright won 17-11, C Lincoln, J Green, P Jarvis lost 12-9.
Playing away against Diss Men’s B in the league, Gallow Men’s B had a very good win by 87 shots to 76 (7-1).
Scores: R Preston, D Thody, B Dickinson, R Wicks won 29-19, M Rayner, A Pearson, H Kirby, F Hazel won 20-14, I Routh, J Biggs, T Anderson, K Mallett won 22-21, D Cawthorne, R Morgan, T Beeston, K Frohawk lost 22-16.