Gallow bowls update
BOWLS: Playing at County Arts in the National Triples Zone final, Gallow players Shaun Savory, Mervyn King and Jamie Chestney lost the final 18 shots to 23 against a triple skipped by Wayne Willgress.
The Gallow Ladies’ A team, after playing so well this season, have now lost two games on the trot.
Playing away against Norfolk Bowling Club they lost on all rinks, 28 shots to 53, losing all eight points.
J Rix, B Williamson, V Howe lost 7-8. C Lincoln, M Bowyer, S Burlingham lost 7-13. A Leverett, J Wright, S King lost 7-15. L Ward, J Green, M Emment lost 7-17.
Away to Acle Ladies’ A, Gallow again lost on all rinks, 38 shots to 82 ,losing all eight points.
You may also want to watch:
S Cox, B Kiddle, P Jarvis lost 16-17. L Ward, S King, M Emment lost 7-16. A Leverett, J Wright, S Burlingham lost 9-23. J Rix, J Green, V Howe lost 6-26.
The club and county competitions have now reached the final stages. In the men’s singles final Paul Shackcloth plays Jamie Chestney; in the men’s pairs final Richard Mason and partner plays David Frost and partner; in the men’s triples final David Frost’s triple plays Malcalm Starkey’s triple and in the men’s fours final Paul Shackcloth’s rink plays T Savory’s rink.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 5 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 10 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
The finals will mostly be played in finals week and finals night, which will be April 28.
The Gallow Bowls Club annual meeting will be on April 15, at 7.30pm, in the sports centre.