Gallow bowls update
BOWLS: Playing at County Arts in the National Triples Zone final, Gallow players Shaun Savory, Mervyn King and Jamie Chestney lost the final 18 shots to 23 against a triple skipped by Wayne Willgress.
The Gallow Ladies’ A team, after playing so well this season, have now lost two games on the trot.
Playing away against Norfolk Bowling Club they lost on all rinks, 28 shots to 53, losing all eight points.
J Rix, B Williamson, V Howe lost 7-8. C Lincoln, M Bowyer, S Burlingham lost 7-13. A Leverett, J Wright, S King lost 7-15. L Ward, J Green, M Emment lost 7-17.
Away to Acle Ladies’ A, Gallow again lost on all rinks, 38 shots to 82 ,losing all eight points.
You may also want to watch:
S Cox, B Kiddle, P Jarvis lost 16-17. L Ward, S King, M Emment lost 7-16. A Leverett, J Wright, S Burlingham lost 9-23. J Rix, J Green, V Howe lost 6-26.
The club and county competitions have now reached the final stages. In the men’s singles final Paul Shackcloth plays Jamie Chestney; in the men’s pairs final Richard Mason and partner plays David Frost and partner; in the men’s triples final David Frost’s triple plays Malcalm Starkey’s triple and in the men’s fours final Paul Shackcloth’s rink plays T Savory’s rink.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
The finals will mostly be played in finals week and finals night, which will be April 28.
The Gallow Bowls Club annual meeting will be on April 15, at 7.30pm, in the sports centre.