Gallow bowls update
BOWLS: Playing at County Arts in the National Triples Zone final, Gallow players Shaun Savory, Mervyn King and Jamie Chestney lost the final 18 shots to 23 against a triple skipped by Wayne Willgress.
The Gallow Ladies’ A team, after playing so well this season, have now lost two games on the trot.
Playing away against Norfolk Bowling Club they lost on all rinks, 28 shots to 53, losing all eight points.
J Rix, B Williamson, V Howe lost 7-8. C Lincoln, M Bowyer, S Burlingham lost 7-13. A Leverett, J Wright, S King lost 7-15. L Ward, J Green, M Emment lost 7-17.
Away to Acle Ladies’ A, Gallow again lost on all rinks, 38 shots to 82 ,losing all eight points.
S Cox, B Kiddle, P Jarvis lost 16-17. L Ward, S King, M Emment lost 7-16. A Leverett, J Wright, S Burlingham lost 9-23. J Rix, J Green, V Howe lost 6-26.
The club and county competitions have now reached the final stages. In the men’s singles final Paul Shackcloth plays Jamie Chestney; in the men’s pairs final Richard Mason and partner plays David Frost and partner; in the men’s triples final David Frost’s triple plays Malcalm Starkey’s triple and in the men’s fours final Paul Shackcloth’s rink plays T Savory’s rink.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
The finals will mostly be played in finals week and finals night, which will be April 28.
The Gallow Bowls Club annual meeting will be on April 15, at 7.30pm, in the sports centre.