Gallow club's national progress
BOWLSIn the National men's Denny Cup, Gallow played Lowestoft and won 103 shots to 56.Home rinks: R High, B Nurse, S Lowe, M Riches won 39-12; P Murfit, S King, V Hudson, W Graver won 21-15.
In the National men's Denny Cup, Gallow played Lowestoft and won 103 shots to 56.
Home rinks: R High, B Nurse, S Lowe, M Riches won 39-12; P Murfit, S King, V Hudson, W Graver won 21-15. Away rinks: D Hood, A Walton, P Shackcloth, M King won 35-12; A Howell, M Wilkinson, M Starkey, R Mason lost 8-17.
In the National men's over 60s, Gallow A played Browston and won 62 shots to 24.
You may also want to watch:
Home rink: D Bix, D Hood, K Frohawk, W Graver won 34-9. Away rink: J Piercy, M Whittle, P Murfit, A Walton won 28-15.
The Gallow men's over 60s B team played Diss B and won 57shots to 41.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 10 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
Home rink: I Routh, H Kirby, B Barker, G Lincoln, won 31-21. Away rink: R High, G Riches, G Wright, R Wicks won 26-20.
The Gallow ladies B team started with a win against Lynnsport A in the league, winning 6-2 on points, 58-46 on shots.
P Barraclough, K Hall, J Green won 17-9, H Barnes, D Ramm, B Graver won 17-9; M Fulcher, M Bowyer, R Owen lost 12-14; C Lincoln, R Goold, S Burlingham lost 12-14.
Gallow men's B team started their first league fixture at home in Division Three by losing 6-1 on points, 92-78 on shots, against Lynnsport A.
I Routh, J Hatton, J Wilkinson, M Leverett won 24-23; R Preston, P Chumbley, D Vaughan, R Wicks lost 16-20; M Rayner, G Wright, H Kirby, B Barker lost 19-23; P Pitkin, M Emment, B Barnes, K Frohawk lost 19-26.
Gallow men's A team are hoping to retain the Championship of Division One of the Norfolk Premier Bowls League. In a home match they beat Acle A who finished second last season.
With the rinks of Mark Riches and Richard Mason winning by 14 and 10 shots respectively, this secured the three points for the aggregate, and with two points for the winning rinks the result was a Gallow win of 5-2 on points, 84-72 on shots.
M Wilkinson, R Nurse, S Lowe, M Riches won 27-13; A Howell, T Beck, V Hudson, R Mason won 24-14; N Moulton, S Savory, P Shackcloth, W Graver lost 18-24; D Webb, A Walton, M Starkey, M King lost 15-21.
The men's B team travelled to Thetford and played The Brecks A, losing by 6-1, 71-77
M Emment, G Wright, H Kirby, C Whiteside won 21-13; R Preston, P Chumbley, D Vaughan, B Barker lost 20-21; P Pitkin, P Rayner, B Barnes, K Frohawk lost 17-21; I Routh, J Hatton, J Shackcloth, M Leverett lost 13-22.