Gallow juniors flourish
THE Gallow Indoor Bowls Club junior season concluded with two events.
First was the regional stage of the national School of Excellence held at Cambridge, for which two Gallow juniors had qualified.
Daniel Cawthorne and Jake Biggs missed progressing to the fourth stage, the England finals to be held at Worthing in Sussex.
They both received a certificate recognising the stage they reached.
The second event was the conclusion of the carpet bowls tuition, with the presentation of trophies to two Wells Primary School Year 6 pupils.
You may also want to watch:
George Smith was the top scorer, and Charlie Lear was runner-up. The presentation was made during the school’s weekly assembly.
There will no doubt be another five week session with the next Year 6 at Wells. Mmany of the current Year 5 pupils are already itching to have a go.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
The next Gallow season will start during September and promises to be just as hectic.
With more young people now joining and enjoying the game there may be a need to create another time slot in addition to the Friday afternoon rink bookings already used.
As usual there are competitions available around Norfolk and the Eastern Counties at which many of the juniors attend, meeting up with friends from the other clubs in the area.
Some of the young people also play in senior local and National competitions. Others just play for a bit of fun, and either option is welcomed by the club.