Gallow juniors flourish
THE Gallow Indoor Bowls Club junior season concluded with two events.
First was the regional stage of the national School of Excellence held at Cambridge, for which two Gallow juniors had qualified.
Daniel Cawthorne and Jake Biggs missed progressing to the fourth stage, the England finals to be held at Worthing in Sussex.
They both received a certificate recognising the stage they reached.
The second event was the conclusion of the carpet bowls tuition, with the presentation of trophies to two Wells Primary School Year 6 pupils.
George Smith was the top scorer, and Charlie Lear was runner-up. The presentation was made during the school’s weekly assembly.
There will no doubt be another five week session with the next Year 6 at Wells. Mmany of the current Year 5 pupils are already itching to have a go.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 3 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 4 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 5 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 6 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 7 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 8 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 9 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 10 Apprentice star Alan Sugar visits Norfolk village for pub lunch
The next Gallow season will start during September and promises to be just as hectic.
With more young people now joining and enjoying the game there may be a need to create another time slot in addition to the Friday afternoon rink bookings already used.
As usual there are competitions available around Norfolk and the Eastern Counties at which many of the juniors attend, meeting up with friends from the other clubs in the area.
Some of the young people also play in senior local and National competitions. Others just play for a bit of fun, and either option is welcomed by the club.