Gallow Ladies are beaten in Yetton National Trophy
The Gallow Ladies A Team lost to Desborough Ladies at Chesterton Cambridge in The Yetton National Trophy by 24 shots.
Playing in The Norfolk Ladies Premier League, Gallow Ladies A Team played at North Walsham Ladies and won 58 shots to 44.
L Ward, B Masters, M Emment won 13-6. C Lincoln, M Pointer, J Green won 14-10. B Williamson, B Kiddle, P Jarvis won 16-13. A Leverett, S Cox, C Bell drew 15-15.
n The Gallow Mens B Team played away against Dereham Mens B Team in the league and lost one point to six, 76 shots to 104.
I Routh, J Pitkin- Bovington, D Thody, K Mallett won 24-19. R Morgan, A Pearson, B Hubbard, S Sole lost 17-19. M Rayner, I Cawthorne, J Wright, F Hazel lost 22-28, J Wells, S Walker, L Leverett, K Frohawk lost 13-38.
You may also want to watch:
n The Gallow Friendly Team played at home against South Park and won 95 shots to 68.
M Morter, E Graves, G Day, C Dewing won 28-15. T Beckham, R Sparkes, B Goff, M Hubbard won 27-22. V Dickinson, A Loft, P Lloyd, B Dickinson won 22-17. T Barraclough, C De- Bernard, J Barraclough, A Pearson won 18-14.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 5 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 6 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
n Gallow have lost the services of England bowler Jamie Chestney, who has moved to Exeter.
Mervyn King and Chestney have won through to the All England National Men’s Pairs Finals at Nottingham, and King is in the Zone Final in the singles.
In the Ladies Fours Zone Final played at Acle IBC, Ann Leverett, Josie Wright, Suzanne King and Maureen Emment lost a close game. They were one down with one end to play, but lost a further shot on the last end.
The Gallow Men’s A Team had an exciting finish against Norfolk Bowling Club at home in the Norfolk Premier League. Three rinks had finished and Gallow needed three shots to win the aggregate. Richard Mason’s rink had one end to play and they scored four shots to win the aggregate and the extra three points. Gallow won the match 4.5pts to 2.5pts.
L Seppings, R Morgan, S King, M King won 24-15. D Webb, D Cawthorne, M Starkey, W Graver drew 22-22. D Taney, T Beck, N Moulton, R Mason lost 21-24. D Hood, R Preston, D Vaughan, A Walton lost 18-22.
n Gallow Ladies A team beat Norfolk Bowling Ladies A team at home 48 shots to 39, seven points to one in the Norfolk Premier League.