Gallow players chase titles
FAKENHAM Gallow Indoor Bowls Club players are through to the All England EIBA finals.Mervyn King and Jamie Chestney won the zone final of the men's pairs against Bob Thacker and John Ottoway from Wymondham Dell IBC to go through.
FAKENHAM Gallow Indoor Bowls Club players are through to the All England EIBA finals.
Mervyn King and Jamie Chestney won the zone final of the men's pairs against Bob Thacker and John Ottoway from Wymondham Dell IBC to go through.
The zone final of the men's triples is an all-Gallow affair between King, Paul Shackcloth and Chestney who play David Webb, Damien Hudson and Vernon Hudson.
The Gallow men's A team now lead the Glendale Homes Premier Division by 9½ points. They inflicted a crushing 48-shot defeat 101-53 to take the maximum seven points against Roundwood A.
You may also want to watch:
D Webb, R Nurse, N Moulton, M King won 31-11; S Savory, D Hudson, P Shackcloth, W Graver won 29-16; A Howell, K Humphrey, A Walton, P Lowe won 22-14; D Hood, S Lowe, V Hudson, M Riches won 19-12
The Gallow ladies B team played at home against Lynnsport A and lost 56 shots to 59, 1½- 6½.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
M Lewis, D Tuck, D Ramm won 17-14; G Savory, K Hall, B Graver drew 15-15; M Fulcher, R Owen, S Burlingham lost 11-13; D Randall, C Lincoln, L Green lost 13-17.
The bowls club now run a Novices League for players with fewer than three years' experience. This has given the opportunity to take a few more beginners at the Saturday coaching sessions.
For further details contact John Wright on 01328 862854.