Ghosts battle back for point
Fakenham Town 2, Swaffham Town 2
The Ghosts showed great character in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons First Division bottom-four derby to hit back from 2-1 down to earn a deserved point.
Dan Savory put Fakenham ahead after 22 minutes, finishing a surging run through the middle of the Pedlars’ defence to score low to the keeper’s left.
Swaffham took the aerial route second half to take the lead. Aaron Clifford headed the equaliser from a ball in from the right on 55 minutes and 10 minutes later a right-wing corner was powered home by substutiute Nathan Cross’ header.
But Fakenham battled back and deservedly equalised. One of their subs, Ed Skinner, flew down the right wing in the 79th minute and crossed low. Ashley Manning got to the ball just ahead of the keeper and slid it home.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Fakenham visit Long Melford.
Fakenham Reserves lost 2-0 at home to UEA in Anglian Combination Division Four.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
On Saturday they entertain Long Stratton Reserves.