Ghosts battle back for point
Fakenham Town 2, Swaffham Town 2
The Ghosts showed great character in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons First Division bottom-four derby to hit back from 2-1 down to earn a deserved point.
Dan Savory put Fakenham ahead after 22 minutes, finishing a surging run through the middle of the Pedlars’ defence to score low to the keeper’s left.
Swaffham took the aerial route second half to take the lead. Aaron Clifford headed the equaliser from a ball in from the right on 55 minutes and 10 minutes later a right-wing corner was powered home by substutiute Nathan Cross’ header.
But Fakenham battled back and deservedly equalised. One of their subs, Ed Skinner, flew down the right wing in the 79th minute and crossed low. Ashley Manning got to the ball just ahead of the keeper and slid it home.
On Saturday, Fakenham visit Long Melford.
Fakenham Reserves lost 2-0 at home to UEA in Anglian Combination Division Four.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
On Saturday they entertain Long Stratton Reserves.