Ghosts battle back for point
Fakenham Town 2, Swaffham Town 2
The Ghosts showed great character in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons First Division bottom-four derby to hit back from 2-1 down to earn a deserved point.
Dan Savory put Fakenham ahead after 22 minutes, finishing a surging run through the middle of the Pedlars’ defence to score low to the keeper’s left.
Swaffham took the aerial route second half to take the lead. Aaron Clifford headed the equaliser from a ball in from the right on 55 minutes and 10 minutes later a right-wing corner was powered home by substutiute Nathan Cross’ header.
But Fakenham battled back and deservedly equalised. One of their subs, Ed Skinner, flew down the right wing in the 79th minute and crossed low. Ashley Manning got to the ball just ahead of the keeper and slid it home.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Fakenham visit Long Melford.
Fakenham Reserves lost 2-0 at home to UEA in Anglian Combination Division Four.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
On Saturday they entertain Long Stratton Reserves.