Ghosts battle back for point
Fakenham Town 2, Swaffham Town 2
The Ghosts showed great character in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons First Division bottom-four derby to hit back from 2-1 down to earn a deserved point.
Dan Savory put Fakenham ahead after 22 minutes, finishing a surging run through the middle of the Pedlars’ defence to score low to the keeper’s left.
Swaffham took the aerial route second half to take the lead. Aaron Clifford headed the equaliser from a ball in from the right on 55 minutes and 10 minutes later a right-wing corner was powered home by substutiute Nathan Cross’ header.
But Fakenham battled back and deservedly equalised. One of their subs, Ed Skinner, flew down the right wing in the 79th minute and crossed low. Ashley Manning got to the ball just ahead of the keeper and slid it home.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Fakenham visit Long Melford.
Fakenham Reserves lost 2-0 at home to UEA in Anglian Combination Division Four.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 10 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
On Saturday they entertain Long Stratton Reserves.