Ghosts battle back for point
Fakenham Town 2, Swaffham Town 2
The Ghosts showed great character in Tuesday night’s Ridgeons First Division bottom-four derby to hit back from 2-1 down to earn a deserved point.
Dan Savory put Fakenham ahead after 22 minutes, finishing a surging run through the middle of the Pedlars’ defence to score low to the keeper’s left.
Swaffham took the aerial route second half to take the lead. Aaron Clifford headed the equaliser from a ball in from the right on 55 minutes and 10 minutes later a right-wing corner was powered home by substutiute Nathan Cross’ header.
But Fakenham battled back and deservedly equalised. One of their subs, Ed Skinner, flew down the right wing in the 79th minute and crossed low. Ashley Manning got to the ball just ahead of the keeper and slid it home.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Fakenham visit Long Melford.
Fakenham Reserves lost 2-0 at home to UEA in Anglian Combination Division Four.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 8 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
On Saturday they entertain Long Stratton Reserves.