Ghosts’ boss buoyed by pre-season form
By John Cushion
“It’s looking good,” was this week’s message from Fakenham Town manager Wayne Anderson.
A squad almost up to full strength drew 1-1 at home to Ryman Premier AFC Sudbury on Saturday, showing a truer reflection of its abilities after weaker sides had suffered reverses at home to Wroxham and at Gorleston.
Of the game against a Sudbury outfit which Anderson described as near-Conference level, the Ghosts’ boss said: “There were some very good positives. The lads did really well. They looked solid at the back, good in midfield with Ade Hayes and young Toby Harris, and we looked sharp up top.”
The goal that gave Fakenham the lead came from Rory Harper, who Anderson confirmed has put pen to paper and signed for the club. He was expecting another striker, ex-Lowestoft and King’s Lynn centre forward Christian Jones, to follow suit this week.
Saturday’s squad was missing Stephen Harvey, Jake Betts and Carl Plum but was much stronger than the one which travelled to Gorleston last Wednesday and lost 5-1.
That friendly had been set for the previous night at Fakenham, but heavy rain raised fears for the pitch and the game was switched to Emerald Park. With players finding it difficult to get away from work, the Ghosts included under-18 players in the squad which lost 5-1 after Julian Delicata had given them the lead from the penalty spot.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 6 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 7 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 8 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 9 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 10 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
After the visit of Dereham Reserves to Clipbush Park on Saturday, Fakenham have a Tuesday game at Holt.