Ghosts face another test
Fakenham Town 0, Godmanchester 5
The Ghosts crashed out of the Ridgeons League First Division Knockout Cup with a second successive 5-0 defeat on Saturday – and this weekend they are braced for a trip to league leaders Whitton United.
The hosts started with pace in attack with Karl Pask, Goble and Ashley Manning looking keen to impress but it was Godmanchester who opened the scoring. A long range free-kick was pushed over the bar by stand-in keeper Alex Walpole, Fakenham could not clear the corner and the ball was scrambled over the line.
Walpole, playing in place of the injured Tom Rix, did well to keep out a close range effort after 35 minutes. Kyle Plumb almost levelled the score on the stroke of half-time but his header went just over.
Godmanchester again started better in the second half and on 50 minutes made it 2-0 when Hall went through to score.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham made changes on the hour with James Bamford and Kristian Jones replacing Goble and Manning and Ade Hayes made way for Williams on 65 minutes.
But they were still unable to create chances and Godmanchester added three more goals.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
The Ghosts face a tough test on Saturday as they travel to unbeaten Whitton in the league.