Ghosts face another test
Fakenham Town 0, Godmanchester 5
The Ghosts crashed out of the Ridgeons League First Division Knockout Cup with a second successive 5-0 defeat on Saturday – and this weekend they are braced for a trip to league leaders Whitton United.
The hosts started with pace in attack with Karl Pask, Goble and Ashley Manning looking keen to impress but it was Godmanchester who opened the scoring. A long range free-kick was pushed over the bar by stand-in keeper Alex Walpole, Fakenham could not clear the corner and the ball was scrambled over the line.
Walpole, playing in place of the injured Tom Rix, did well to keep out a close range effort after 35 minutes. Kyle Plumb almost levelled the score on the stroke of half-time but his header went just over.
Godmanchester again started better in the second half and on 50 minutes made it 2-0 when Hall went through to score.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham made changes on the hour with James Bamford and Kristian Jones replacing Goble and Manning and Ade Hayes made way for Williams on 65 minutes.
But they were still unable to create chances and Godmanchester added three more goals.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
The Ghosts face a tough test on Saturday as they travel to unbeaten Whitton in the league.