Ghosts face another test
Fakenham Town 0, Godmanchester 5
The Ghosts crashed out of the Ridgeons League First Division Knockout Cup with a second successive 5-0 defeat on Saturday – and this weekend they are braced for a trip to league leaders Whitton United.
The hosts started with pace in attack with Karl Pask, Goble and Ashley Manning looking keen to impress but it was Godmanchester who opened the scoring. A long range free-kick was pushed over the bar by stand-in keeper Alex Walpole, Fakenham could not clear the corner and the ball was scrambled over the line.
Walpole, playing in place of the injured Tom Rix, did well to keep out a close range effort after 35 minutes. Kyle Plumb almost levelled the score on the stroke of half-time but his header went just over.
Godmanchester again started better in the second half and on 50 minutes made it 2-0 when Hall went through to score.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham made changes on the hour with James Bamford and Kristian Jones replacing Goble and Manning and Ade Hayes made way for Williams on 65 minutes.
But they were still unable to create chances and Godmanchester added three more goals.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 8 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 9 Here is your chance to win your very own holiday home for a year
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
The Ghosts face a tough test on Saturday as they travel to unbeaten Whitton in the league.