Ghosts frozen out of action
The weather continued to hold sway on the Norfolk Senior Cup this week with midweek ties, including those involving Fakenham Town and Dereham Town, postponed.
The Ghosts now stage their star clash with Norwich City at Clipbush Park on Tuesday, December 14 (7.45pm) while the Magpies will aim for a quarter-finals place on Saturday when they visit Gorleston’s Emerald Park.
A coach leaves Aldiss Park, Dereham, at 1.30pm on Saturday for Gorleston, and on the same day Dereham Reserves attempt to play their Norfolk Junior Cup home tie with Caister Reserves.
In the same competition, Fakenham Reserves are due to entertain Wymondham Reserves.
All eyes will again be on the weather forecasts, with hopes that another near-wipeout of fixtures can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
According to latest fixture lists, Dereham will visit CRC in the Ridgeons Premier on Wednesday night while Fakenham will have to wait until Saturday week for their next league game, at home to Diss.
After a bright start to the season when they briefly led the Ridgeons First Division, Fakenham have slipped to fourth-bottom with 13 points from 15 games.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 6 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
The three teams below them each have two games in hand.
Team Bury have 12 points but Swaffham (eight) and bottom side Cornard (four) have yet to get into double figures.