Ghosts frozen out of action
The weather continued to hold sway on the Norfolk Senior Cup this week with midweek ties, including those involving Fakenham Town and Dereham Town, postponed.
The Ghosts now stage their star clash with Norwich City at Clipbush Park on Tuesday, December 14 (7.45pm) while the Magpies will aim for a quarter-finals place on Saturday when they visit Gorleston’s Emerald Park.
A coach leaves Aldiss Park, Dereham, at 1.30pm on Saturday for Gorleston, and on the same day Dereham Reserves attempt to play their Norfolk Junior Cup home tie with Caister Reserves.
In the same competition, Fakenham Reserves are due to entertain Wymondham Reserves.
All eyes will again be on the weather forecasts, with hopes that another near-wipeout of fixtures can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
According to latest fixture lists, Dereham will visit CRC in the Ridgeons Premier on Wednesday night while Fakenham will have to wait until Saturday week for their next league game, at home to Diss.
After a bright start to the season when they briefly led the Ridgeons First Division, Fakenham have slipped to fourth-bottom with 13 points from 15 games.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
The three teams below them each have two games in hand.
Team Bury have 12 points but Swaffham (eight) and bottom side Cornard (four) have yet to get into double figures.