Ghosts frozen out of action
The weather continued to hold sway on the Norfolk Senior Cup this week with midweek ties, including those involving Fakenham Town and Dereham Town, postponed.
The Ghosts now stage their star clash with Norwich City at Clipbush Park on Tuesday, December 14 (7.45pm) while the Magpies will aim for a quarter-finals place on Saturday when they visit Gorleston’s Emerald Park.
A coach leaves Aldiss Park, Dereham, at 1.30pm on Saturday for Gorleston, and on the same day Dereham Reserves attempt to play their Norfolk Junior Cup home tie with Caister Reserves.
In the same competition, Fakenham Reserves are due to entertain Wymondham Reserves.
All eyes will again be on the weather forecasts, with hopes that another near-wipeout of fixtures can be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
According to latest fixture lists, Dereham will visit CRC in the Ridgeons Premier on Wednesday night while Fakenham will have to wait until Saturday week for their next league game, at home to Diss.
After a bright start to the season when they briefly led the Ridgeons First Division, Fakenham have slipped to fourth-bottom with 13 points from 15 games.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
The three teams below them each have two games in hand.
Team Bury have 12 points but Swaffham (eight) and bottom side Cornard (four) have yet to get into double figures.