Ghosts in buoyant mood
Fakenham Town started pre-season training in buoyant mood ahead of Thursday night’s opening home friendly with Norwich United, who play in the Ridgeons division above the Ghosts.
Wroxham visit Clipbush Park on Saturday and newly-promoted Gorleston on Tuesday night (7.45pm).
The Ghosts got back to training with a large number of first team and under-18 players in attendance.
The club has retained the services of key members of last season’s side, a team that has been bolstered by the signing of former Cambridge United, Boston and King’s Lynn midfielder Ade Hayes.
Manager Wayne Anderson is pleased with the progress made so far ahead of the August 13 start to the Ridgeons League season.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a lot of familiar faces joining us in pre-season, which is excellent to see, along with some great new signings for the club including Ade Hayes and Danny Rasberry,” he said.
“Having played alongside Ade at King’s Lynn, I am delighted that he has joined us to help push this club up the table.”
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 8 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
Anderson also hopes to secure the signing of another former King’s Lynn defender, along with a brace of vastly-experienced centre forwards, ahead of a tough pre-season schedule that includes games at home against Norwich United (July 14, 7.30pm), Wroxham (July 16, 4pm), Gorleston (July 19, 7.45pm), AFC Sudbury (July 23, 3pm) and a local derby against Dereham (July 30, 3pm).
The club sends its best wishes to midfielder Dan Savory ahead of his scholarship in the USA. Savory, an ever-present part of last season’s side, is also a member of the Norfolk FA County Cup-winning team.