Ghosts in buoyant mood
Fakenham Town started pre-season training in buoyant mood ahead of Thursday night’s opening home friendly with Norwich United, who play in the Ridgeons division above the Ghosts.
Wroxham visit Clipbush Park on Saturday and newly-promoted Gorleston on Tuesday night (7.45pm).
The Ghosts got back to training with a large number of first team and under-18 players in attendance.
The club has retained the services of key members of last season’s side, a team that has been bolstered by the signing of former Cambridge United, Boston and King’s Lynn midfielder Ade Hayes.
Manager Wayne Anderson is pleased with the progress made so far ahead of the August 13 start to the Ridgeons League season.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a lot of familiar faces joining us in pre-season, which is excellent to see, along with some great new signings for the club including Ade Hayes and Danny Rasberry,” he said.
“Having played alongside Ade at King’s Lynn, I am delighted that he has joined us to help push this club up the table.”
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
Anderson also hopes to secure the signing of another former King’s Lynn defender, along with a brace of vastly-experienced centre forwards, ahead of a tough pre-season schedule that includes games at home against Norwich United (July 14, 7.30pm), Wroxham (July 16, 4pm), Gorleston (July 19, 7.45pm), AFC Sudbury (July 23, 3pm) and a local derby against Dereham (July 30, 3pm).
The club sends its best wishes to midfielder Dan Savory ahead of his scholarship in the USA. Savory, an ever-present part of last season’s side, is also a member of the Norfolk FA County Cup-winning team.