Ghosts look promising
Fakenham 2, Wroxham 3Fakenham's first home friendly of the season saw them narrowly beaten by a strong Wroxham side who were trialling some new players in the wake of losing some in the close season.
Fakenham 2, Wroxham 3
Fakenham's first home friendly of the season saw them narrowly beaten by a strong Wroxham side who were trialling some new players in the wake of losing some in the close season.
Fakenham took the lead through Ben Coe, whose pace was causing problems with the visitors' defence all afternoon. Wroxham equalised before a powerful header from Lee Hyde regained the lead just before half-time.
Fakenham were finding plenty of space on the wide expanses of Clipbush Park and Wroxham contributed to a lively and entertaining game. They drew level on the hour with a well taken long-range shot, before clinching the game in the final minutes through Damian Hilton.
You may also want to watch:
Ghosts' boss Wayne Anderson was very pleased with his side's performance against a very strong side. The fitness levels were good throughout and competition for places is evident.
Sheringham 2, Fakenham Town 2
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
Fakenham travelled to Sheringham to take on a strong Anglian Combination side, with newly installed manager John Musgrove at the helm for the Shrimpers.
Fakenham, with new signing Nicky Bunting leading the line, started strongly on a hard bumpy pitch and took the lead when Bunting slotted home a penalty in the opening minutes. Jason Cole, taking up a midfield role, then fired the Ghosts further ahead to take the Ghosts into an interval lead.
But several changes from both sides saw the home side score twice in the second half to level the scores. Once again this was a very good test for a new-look Fakenham side, that looked very capable against strong local opposition.