Ghosts make a flying start
Fakenham 1 Brightlingsea Regent 0
THE Ghosts welcomed Brightlingsea Regent to Clipbush Park for the opening fixture of the season.
Brightlingsea started strongly and dominated the first 20 minutes but Fakenham stood firm and almost took the lead when Julian Delicata shot wide after being set up by Sam Garner. Wayne Anderson made some slight changes to the way Fakenham were playing and this saw them taking the initiative.
Jake Betts scored the decisive goal on 44 minutes after some more good work by Garner.
The second half started with Brightlingsea again looking the stronger team but Fakenham withstood the pressure.
You may also want to watch:
The game turned into a hard fought affair with Brightlingsea looking for the equaliser. Fakenham stuck to their task with some tough tackles which resulted in a string of yellow cards for the home team.
Thanks to some good work by keeper Tom Rix, Fakenham got the season off to a great start.
- 1 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 First baby lobsters from Wells hatchery returned to the sea
- 4 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 Your say - Your favourite landmark in North Norfolk
- 7 Your say - Fakenham's thoughts on 'firebreak' lockdown
- 8 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 9 Fakenham Beer and Gin Festival finally set to return
- 10 Memorial match remembers former headmaster and rugby player