Ghosts make a flying start
Fakenham 1 Brightlingsea Regent 0
THE Ghosts welcomed Brightlingsea Regent to Clipbush Park for the opening fixture of the season.
Brightlingsea started strongly and dominated the first 20 minutes but Fakenham stood firm and almost took the lead when Julian Delicata shot wide after being set up by Sam Garner. Wayne Anderson made some slight changes to the way Fakenham were playing and this saw them taking the initiative.
Jake Betts scored the decisive goal on 44 minutes after some more good work by Garner.
The second half started with Brightlingsea again looking the stronger team but Fakenham withstood the pressure.
The game turned into a hard fought affair with Brightlingsea looking for the equaliser. Fakenham stuck to their task with some tough tackles which resulted in a string of yellow cards for the home team.
Thanks to some good work by keeper Tom Rix, Fakenham got the season off to a great start.
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 9 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk