Ghosts make a flying start
Fakenham 1 Brightlingsea Regent 0
THE Ghosts welcomed Brightlingsea Regent to Clipbush Park for the opening fixture of the season.
Brightlingsea started strongly and dominated the first 20 minutes but Fakenham stood firm and almost took the lead when Julian Delicata shot wide after being set up by Sam Garner. Wayne Anderson made some slight changes to the way Fakenham were playing and this saw them taking the initiative.
Jake Betts scored the decisive goal on 44 minutes after some more good work by Garner.
The second half started with Brightlingsea again looking the stronger team but Fakenham withstood the pressure.
You may also want to watch:
The game turned into a hard fought affair with Brightlingsea looking for the equaliser. Fakenham stuck to their task with some tough tackles which resulted in a string of yellow cards for the home team.
Thanks to some good work by keeper Tom Rix, Fakenham got the season off to a great start.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 6 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 7 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 8 Walsingham Pilgrimage planning 'restricted' return
- 9 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 10 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines