Ghosts make a flying start
Fakenham 1 Brightlingsea Regent 0
THE Ghosts welcomed Brightlingsea Regent to Clipbush Park for the opening fixture of the season.
Brightlingsea started strongly and dominated the first 20 minutes but Fakenham stood firm and almost took the lead when Julian Delicata shot wide after being set up by Sam Garner. Wayne Anderson made some slight changes to the way Fakenham were playing and this saw them taking the initiative.
Jake Betts scored the decisive goal on 44 minutes after some more good work by Garner.
The second half started with Brightlingsea again looking the stronger team but Fakenham withstood the pressure.
You may also want to watch:
The game turned into a hard fought affair with Brightlingsea looking for the equaliser. Fakenham stuck to their task with some tough tackles which resulted in a string of yellow cards for the home team.
Thanks to some good work by keeper Tom Rix, Fakenham got the season off to a great start.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'