Ghosts plan re-union
To mark the 125th anniversary of the founding of the football club which is now Fakenham Town, a re-union is being planned for Friday, May 7 at the Ghosts' Clipbush Park ground, starting at 7.
To mark the 125th anniversary of the founding of the football club which is now Fakenham Town, a reunion is being planned for Friday, May 7 at the Ghosts' Clipbush Park ground, starting at 7.30pm.
Initial plans were made by the organising committee at the weekend for an event which it is hoped will attract former players, club officers and helpers and supporters - and their partners. A similar event which marked the move from the former Baron's Hall Lawn ground was a great social success.
The 125th anniversary re-union will be held in a marquee on the pitch, with the full clubhouse facilities available. Is is aimed to have pictures, scrapbooks and memorabilia on display.
Refeshments such as a hog roast are being discussed, with music and a raffle and short racenight session on the cards to help fund the event.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in the night can contact Keith Utting on 01328 855250, Geoff Saunders 07780666220 or Johnny Wright on 01328 862854.
MEMORIES: A typical team picture which will be on display at Fakenham Town's reunion night to mark the club's 125th year. This is the team which represented the club in the post second world war years.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money