Ghosts plan re-union
To mark the 125th anniversary of the founding of the football club which is now Fakenham Town, a re-union is being planned for Friday, May 7 at the Ghosts' Clipbush Park ground, starting at 7.
To mark the 125th anniversary of the founding of the football club which is now Fakenham Town, a reunion is being planned for Friday, May 7 at the Ghosts' Clipbush Park ground, starting at 7.30pm.
Initial plans were made by the organising committee at the weekend for an event which it is hoped will attract former players, club officers and helpers and supporters - and their partners. A similar event which marked the move from the former Baron's Hall Lawn ground was a great social success.
The 125th anniversary re-union will be held in a marquee on the pitch, with the full clubhouse facilities available. Is is aimed to have pictures, scrapbooks and memorabilia on display.
Refeshments such as a hog roast are being discussed, with music and a raffle and short racenight session on the cards to help fund the event.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in the night can contact Keith Utting on 01328 855250, Geoff Saunders 07780666220 or Johnny Wright on 01328 862854.
MEMORIES: A typical team picture which will be on display at Fakenham Town's reunion night to mark the club's 125th year. This is the team which represented the club in the post second world war years.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk