Ghosts training hard
Fakenham Town started pre-season training in buoyant mood
The Ghosts got back to training with a large number of first team and under-18 players in attendance.
The club has retained the services of key members of last season’s side, a team that has been bolstered by the signing of former Cambridge United, Boston and King’s Lynn midfielder Ade Hayes.
Manager Wayne Anderson is pleased with the progress made so far ahead of the August 13 start to the Ridgeons League season.
“We have a lot of familiar faces joining us in pre-season, which is excellent to see, along with some great new signings for the club including Ade Hayes and Danny Rasberry.
“Having played alongside Ade at King’s Lynn, I am delighted that he has joined us to help push this club up the table.”
Anderson also hopes to secure the signing of another former King’s Lynn defender, along with a brace of vastly-experienced centre forwards, ahead of a tough pre-season schedule that includes games at home against Norwich United (July 14, 7.30pm), Wroxham (July 16, 4pm), Gorleston (July 19, 7.45pm), AFC Sudbury (July 23, 3pm) and a local derby against Dereham (July 30, 3pm).
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 9 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
The club sends its best wishes to midfielder Dan Savory ahead of his scholarship in the USA. Savory, an ever-present part of last season’s side, is also a member of the Norfolk FA County Cup-winning team.
The club are still seeking a suitable candidate for the role of reserve team manager. Applications or enquiries should be made to Geoff Saunders on 07780666220.