Ghosts training hard
Fakenham Town started pre-season training in buoyant mood
The Ghosts got back to training with a large number of first team and under-18 players in attendance.
The club has retained the services of key members of last season’s side, a team that has been bolstered by the signing of former Cambridge United, Boston and King’s Lynn midfielder Ade Hayes.
Manager Wayne Anderson is pleased with the progress made so far ahead of the August 13 start to the Ridgeons League season.
“We have a lot of familiar faces joining us in pre-season, which is excellent to see, along with some great new signings for the club including Ade Hayes and Danny Rasberry.
“Having played alongside Ade at King’s Lynn, I am delighted that he has joined us to help push this club up the table.”
Anderson also hopes to secure the signing of another former King’s Lynn defender, along with a brace of vastly-experienced centre forwards, ahead of a tough pre-season schedule that includes games at home against Norwich United (July 14, 7.30pm), Wroxham (July 16, 4pm), Gorleston (July 19, 7.45pm), AFC Sudbury (July 23, 3pm) and a local derby against Dereham (July 30, 3pm).
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 6 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
The club sends its best wishes to midfielder Dan Savory ahead of his scholarship in the USA. Savory, an ever-present part of last season’s side, is also a member of the Norfolk FA County Cup-winning team.
The club are still seeking a suitable candidate for the role of reserve team manager. Applications or enquiries should be made to Geoff Saunders on 07780666220.