Goss strikes late to earn Wells Town a dramatic victory
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town made the long trip to Brandon Town, who have had some good results in recent weeks, and came away with an excellent win.
With the pitch frozen in places there was a slow start but as the game progressed it opened up and both teams started to create chances.
The deadlock was broken by the hosts when a free header from a corner went unchallenged and a strong header flew in.
Wells came out battling after the interval and not long into the second period almost equalised when Aaron Myhill chased down a loose ball and beat the defender only to see the ball hit the upright and roll away to safety. Minutes later Wells were awarded a penalty after their striker was pulled down, only to see the resulting spot-kick saved.
However the next 10 minutes was all Wells as they scored three goals in succession with the hosts reduced to 10 men. A wonder strike by Jay Myhill gave the keeper no chance and brother Aaron added another before a strike from Jay made it 3-1.
With Wells apparently cruising the hosts hit back twice to level at 3-3. But with only minutes remaining a long throw from the keeper found Luke Goss who skipped past his marker to find himself with only the keeper to beat and he gave the Seasiders the win their excellent play in recent weeks has deserved.
In the Premier Division Bradenham Wanderers retained second spot after a 4-3 win at Caister with the goals coming from Joel Bryant (2), Rob Thurlow and Ryan Curtis.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 7 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 8 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 9 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 10 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
Mattishall’s game against Waveney was postponed,
The Anglian Combination now takes a break, with fixtures resuming on Saturday, January 6.