Great start for new rugby team
Fakenham U14 39, Swaffham U14 17
RUGBY: Fakenham’s U14s had just five weeks of preparation before their first-ever game.
It didn’t show as Fakenham started very brightly, scoring an excellent try within the first 10 minutes.
Swaffham responded well, scoring a try. The two sides became deadlocked in a exciting, fast-paced game with outstanding running with ball in hand and crunching tackles.
Trading scores on the stroke of half-time Fakenham, were rewarded with a penalty which was superbly converted by George Bridges, making it 13-12.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Fakenham’s counter-rucking was tremendous. This won them the majority of possession and they pushed on to score four more tries to win comfortably.
Man-of-the-match was Jack Burton who showed desire and passion with support play that was phenomenal.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
Coach Mark Allen was delighted, saying: “Their enthusiasm, commitment and improvement shows real promise for the remainder of the season.”
Training sessions are Thursday nights between 6.30 and 8.15pm, and new players are very welcome.