Great team effort sees Hindringham to win
Bungay Town 1, Hindringham 2HINDRINGHAM'S great team display sent Bungay to their first home defeat since November. Two second-half goals saw the lively visitors deservedly take all three points back to north Norfolk.
Bungay Town 1, Hindringham 2
HINDRINGHAM'S great team display sent Bungay to their first home defeat since November. Two second-half goals saw the lively visitors deservedly take all three points back to north Norfolk.
Manager Phil West named Mark Betts in an attacking line-up, and this stopped Bungay from playing and getting time on the ball. Hindringham went close after 14 minutes, Karl Pask's cross-shot going just wide.
Hindringham continued to look dangerous, and Jonathan Clipston just failed to connect with a left-wing cross. Scott Gray was then sent through, but the keeper did well to smother his shot.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay scored with their only real chance of the half, the midfielder breaking from deep
Managers West and Steven Hood asked for more of the same at half-time as they felt chances would be converted. Chris Cracknall saved well straight after the restart, but Hindringham continued to enjoy more possession and equalised after 53 minutes. A left-wing cross looked to have missed everyone but Scott Saunders ghosted in at the far post to finish from close range, his first senior goal for the club to cap a fine performance.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Gray was sent clear, but he delayed and the keeper was able to complete the save. Hindringham went ahead with 20 minutes remaining. A rash foul on Betts after a good pass from Clipston gave a penalty which Gray emphatically put away.
Clipston just missed at the far pos, after a great cross from Saunders.
Hindringham's midfield four battled for everything and did not give Bungay an inch. Cracknell in the visitors' goal saved well from a deflection off his own player, and Hindringham held on to avenge Bungay's earlier 2-1 win.
Next game league leaders St John's away, meet Bistro 12.15pm.