Gymnasts impress at Fakenham
Fakenham Gymnastics ClubTHE latest class displays and award presentations were held in front of more than 100 spectators at Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
Fakenham Gymnastics Club
THE latest class displays and award presentations were held in front of more than 100 spectators at Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre.
Following the march-on and musical warm up the audience were treated to a display by the club's 11 recreational gymnasts before specialised displays in trampolining, rhythmic gymnastics, cheerleading and agilities were undertaken by the more experienced squad gymnasts. There was also a display by the Liberty Baton Twirling Club.
The elite squad displayed their talents on the various individual elements of gymnastics including floor, vault, asymmetric bars and the high beam.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on a successful afternoon Pat Dodd, general manager of the Sports and Fitness Centre, said: “Everyone seemed to have a fun and exciting afternoon. It's wonderful to see how the youngsters come on in gymnastics. They often start in our pre-school gymnastics session and then move through a recreational class to our intermediate squad, then finally to our 'elite' squad. Brenda our gymnastics coach and Gemma our trampolining coach do a smashing job.
“We're now looking to put on an additional event in the summer to complement our winter display'
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
At the awards ceremony presentations were made to Dora Hannington (4 piece) and Gemma Baker (3 piece) in the under-10 category; Holly Dixon (4 piece) and Kirsty Tindal (3 piece) and William Fennelly (3 piece).
If any children are interested in joining the gymnastics club, taster sessions are being held during half-term between 4-5pm on February 17 and 18 at the sports centre in Trap Lane.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the centre on 01328 850010.