Gymnasts in first competition
Fakenham Gymnastics and Trampolining Club held their first squad competition on Sunday.The club, which was set up at Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre in June 2006, now has over 80 members.
Fakenham Gymnastics and Trampolining Club held their first squad competition on Sunday.
The club, which was set up at Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre in June 2006, now has over 80 members. It is affiliated to British Gymnastics (BG), and will become a BG Proficiency Centre in September of this year.
The club is also applying for Gym Mark, a quality assurance scheme for gymnastics clubs.
The squad comprises the elite gymnasts of the club, but equal emphasis is put on all ages and abilities, from babies to adults. The competition comprised four disciplines: floor, vault, beam and bars, with four groups of competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“We were delighted with the way the competition went on Sunday. All the gymnasts really enjoyed themselves and we're all very much looking forward to our next competition at Christmas for our recreational gymnasts,” said Pat Dodd, the general manager of the sports centre.
The winners were: Eight years and under gold medal Kitty Clears, silver medal Isobel Colley, bronze medal Abbie Mizen. Nine years and over gold medal Kayleigh Robb.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
Advanced squad 10 years and under gold medal Holly Dixon, silver medal Abbie Boulter, bronze medal Amelia Doy.
Eleven years and over gold medal Annie Elfleet, silver medal Amber Downes, bronze medal Emelia Symington; Boys' gold medal Will Feneley, silver medal Archie Jennings.
If anyone is interested in trying gymnastics, they should give Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre a ring - 01328 850 010 - and try their holiday sessions.
Alternatively, new courses start in September.