Heavy defeat for Wells Town
Wymondham Town 6, Wells Town 1
The Seasiders suffered another heavy loss at fellow strugglers Wymondham Town on Saturday in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
Wells found themselves 2-0 down at the interval but still had a chance of taking something from the match.
They fell further behind after the break, but reduced the arrears when Frary headed home from a corner kick. The hosts then added three further goals as they outpaced the visitors with fast attacking moves.
Wells travel for their fourth away trip in as many weeks when they visit St Andrews on Saturday (2.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
n Wells Reserves travelled to CEYMS and battled hard but could not prevent the hosts from scoring at regular interval to take the spoils in a 4-0 defeat.
n Next Thursday, Wells host the North West Norfolk Division Three final between Riverside and Gayton United Reserves (7.30pm). The following Thursday, April 12, the Division Two final between South Creake and Discovery Royals will also be at Beach Road. (7.30pm). Entry for both games is �3.
- 1 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 2 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 5 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 6 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 7 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 8 New councillors aim to 'reconnect' with town
- 9 The 16 Norfolk sites 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Project manager calls on better gillying education in Wells