Hindringham battle to a point
Hindringham 2, Corton 2Hindringham can be proud of the way they battled for a point against a very strong side that will be in the Anglian Combination Division One title mix on this display.
Hindringham 2, Corton 2
Hindringham can be proud of the way they battled for a point against a very strong side that will be in the Anglian Combination Division One title mix on this display.
On a very good surface, home manager West had Tuck available again, and he replaced Walker who moved to the bench. Hindringham also had Mark Betts, returning from Fakenham, on the bench.
Hindringham started at a high tempo and the emphasis was not to allow Corton time to settle. Hindringham pressed them and got the ball in behind the Corton defence.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham took an early lead, a long searching ball from Chilvers, beat the full back and Gray was quickest to react, beating the keeper and slotting in from a tight angle.
Corton upped their game and scored after a needless free-kick was given away out wide. The ball into the box was poked home.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Corton controlled the rest of the half, Hindringham having only the occasional breakaway.
Corton converted a penalty, keeper Cracknall unlucky after getting a hand to the ball.
Manager West made changes at half-time, introducing Betts for Saunders, in an attacking formation. Hindringham's midfield three of Whittred, Coslett and West battled and fought for every ball and did not give Corton an inch, whichstopped the supply getting up to their dangerous front men. When they did get through, Cracknall's handling and all-round keeping was top-drawer.
Betts was finding space in front of the midfield and was having an influence on the half. Hindringham soon equalised, Betts breaking into the box from a long ball, and being brought down by the keeper. Gray converted the spot-kick.
The game could have gone either way, with both teams having good chances. With Hindringham were on top, Pask broke free in the box but lost his footing and shot wide.
Had he gone down it would have meant an interesting decision for the referee to make.
Clipston cleared well off the line when Cracknall was beaten and, in the end, a draw was a fair result to an entertaining game.
Corton had a player sent off in stoppage time for an over-the-top challenge.
Next match Bungay away, 2.30pm kick-off, meet Bistro noon.