Hindringham denied revenge
Hindringham 1, Brandon 2Hindringham welcomed third-placed Brandon to the Elms, looking for revenge after their 84 Anglian Combination Premier Division hiding early in the season.
Hindringham 1, Brandon 2
Hindringham welcomed third-placed Brandon to the Elms, looking for revenge after their 84 Anglian Combination Premier Division hiding early in the season.
Manager Blandford included East and Defew from the start, with Peczkowski and Clipston out injured.
After only two minutes a Brandon forward got in behind the Hindringham defence and rounded Osler to score.
Hindringham struggled against Brandon's 4-3-3 formation and adjusted to get more width into their game, Alamanos getting a lot of joy down the right, Gray and West both going close with efforts, and Craig East unlucky with a header from a corner.
West had the ball in the net after a great one-two with Gary, but the effort was ruled out for offside. Osler pulled off a great save late in the first half, down low to his left.
- 1 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 2 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 6 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 7 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 8 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 9 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
Hindringham started the second half at a fast pace and pinned Brandon back into their own half, West and Gray getting in behind Brandon's defence. In a great move, Gray beat his marker and drove into the box, where he was brought down. He converted the penalty with ease.
Hindringham then looked odds-on favourites to win, getting a lot of joy going forward and controlling the match. But as they pushed forward, Brandon broke in behind them and scored the winning goal, which was cruel luck after a great team performance.
Next game, Holt away in the Norfolk Senior Cup, 1.45 ko, meet Bistro 12.15.
Hindringham have said a massive thank you to Liam and Shannon from the Gallery Bistro, Fakenham, for their sponsorship of £500 for the season.
Chairman Ian Gibson said: “As a small club we need the support we receive from businesses like the Gallery Bistro, and the money will be put to good use throughout the season.” Anyone wishing to help the club through sponsorship should contact Ian Gibson on 07748808529.