Hindringham FC run out of time against leaders
Dersingham Rov 2, Hindringham 1
Hindringham suffered their second successive defeat in Anglian Combination Division One when they travelled to leaders Dersingham on Saturday.
Saunders was recalled to the midfield and Osler played in goal in place of the injured Stockdale. Tom Blaza was handed his first start in place of Bulley, who was struggling with a niggle.
Hindringham gave Dersingham too much time and space at the start, allowing them to pick their passes and create chances.
Hindringham had to work harder to get a foothold in the game and looked to hit Dersingham on the break with the pace of Marsh.
Dersingham got in behind the Hindringham defence and opened the scoring.
The visitors upped their game and pushed Dersingham back, Saunders firing wide when well placed.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Work under way to stabilise 'carbuncle' property
Right on the stroke of half-time Dersingham scored a second goal.
Hindringham changed formation in the second half and pushed Dersingham into giving the ball away. Betts set Marsh free and he found West in the box, but he fired over. Belton came on for Saunders and his free-kick on the edge of the box hit the defender, before coming back off the post.
Blaza was then fouled and had to go off injured, replaced by Bulley and he caused Dersingham problems with his direct running.
Late on Coslett sent a 30-yard through ball for Betts to burst through and score, but Hindringham did not have enough time to go on and get the equaliser their second half play deserved.
This week Hindringham are away to CEYMS, meet 12.15.
Hindringham would like to send their best wishes to Tom Blaza, who broke his ankle in the match.