Hindringham FC secure senior status
- Credit: Archant
Hindringham beat Mundford 3-0 at the Elms on Saturday to maintain their senior status in the Anglian Combination.
With a crowd of around 160 looking on Hindringham started on the front foot and went in front when good work resulted in the lively Broughton finishing well.
The hosts were in total control and went further ahead through another good finish from Kevin Clipston.
The second half was much the same. Elliott in goal had very little to do and with eight minutes left a pass out wide found Bulley who played in a cross which Clipston finished well. Chairman Shane Vertigan said afterwards: “It has been a long hard season for the club, but after today we can push on and look to compete at the other end of the table next season.
“Massive congratulations to Michael Spinks, who has taken over at a difficult time and got the squad playing for him,”
You may also want to watch:
The end-of-season presentation is on Saturday at Gallery Bistro (7.30pm).
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand