Hindringham FC secure senior status
- Credit: Archant
Hindringham beat Mundford 3-0 at the Elms on Saturday to maintain their senior status in the Anglian Combination.
With a crowd of around 160 looking on Hindringham started on the front foot and went in front when good work resulted in the lively Broughton finishing well.
The hosts were in total control and went further ahead through another good finish from Kevin Clipston.
The second half was much the same. Elliott in goal had very little to do and with eight minutes left a pass out wide found Bulley who played in a cross which Clipston finished well. Chairman Shane Vertigan said afterwards: “It has been a long hard season for the club, but after today we can push on and look to compete at the other end of the table next season.
“Massive congratulations to Michael Spinks, who has taken over at a difficult time and got the squad playing for him,”
You may also want to watch:
The end-of-season presentation is on Saturday at Gallery Bistro (7.30pm).
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 10 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event