Hindringham go off the boil
Hindringham 2, Corton 2
With Corton only one place below them in Anglian Combination Division One, defeat would have seen Hindringham looking anxiously over their shoulders.
Manager Oliver named the same line up which started the previous week and Hindringham started at a great pace and set themselves in Corton’s half of the field.
On a slippery surface Hindringham played some of their best football of the season, carving open the Corton defence on a number of ocassions.
Hindringham broke from the left and the ball was played into West. He laid off to Betts, who fired past the keeper to give Hindringham a deserved lead.
You may also want to watch:
They then switched off and from some poor defending at set pieces Corton scored.
Betts was causing problems with his direct running. He passed to Clipston who whipped in a cross for West to power home a header to put Hindringham back into the lead.
- 1 Plans for virtual Christmas tree festival revealed
- 2 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 5 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 9 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 10 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
Shaun Belton’s hold-up played was allowing Whittred and Coslett to get the ball down and play with ease. But after all their good play in the first half, Hindringham came out in the second half and produced a poor display.
They too often gave the ball away cheaply and players failed to do their duties, allowing Corton to get back into the game and break away and score.
Hindringham had chances, West going close several times.
No first team game this week. The reserves are at home to Redgrave, 2.30 ko, to whom they lost 4-2 on Saturday, scorers Broughton and Goss.