Hindringham lack confidence
Corton 1, Hindringham 0
Hindringham travelled without Belton, Betts, Oliver and Walpole, all injured. So into the squad came Hood, Scholes and Raisbury.
Manger Oliver kept faith with the same system which earned a point against Bungay the week before, Goss partnering West up front, Hood coming into midfield.
The game started slowly, with Corton getting a lot of the ball but not really hurting Hindringham’s defence. Hindringham played on the break, but at times their passing disappointed as attacks often broke down. Hood shot wide, West and Goss went close. Corton did not threaten Bond in goal all half.
The second half started in the same vein, with Hindringham unable to create any real opportunities for the front two. Scholes and Raisbury came on to try and change the game.
You may also want to watch:
With the match heading for a draw, Corton scored from a weak free-kick. Hindringham tried their hardest to force an equaliser.
Manager Oliver said afterwards: “Confidence is very low at the moment, we seem to have stopped the goals going in, but don’t look like scoring. But things will change.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
“On paper, we have a squad capable of competing in this league, from what I have seen. Hopefully we will be able to get a few new faces in, to give the lads a hand.”
Next, Stalham away 2pm ko, meet Bistro noon.
n Hindringham FC will be holding a race night on Saturday, December 4 at Fakenham Cricket Club, 7pm. More details to follow.