Hindringham on cup trail

Norfolk Senior CupAttleborough 1, Hindringham 2Hindringham made the long journey to Attleborough, hoping to repeat their successful Senior cup run of last season.

Norfolk Senior Cup

Attleborough 1, Hindringham 2

Hindringham made the long journey to Attleborough, hoping to repeat their successful Senior cup run of last season. The squad was again devastated by injuries, forcing several players to play out of position.

The blustery conditions made it difficult for both sides to play football, but Hindringham adapted quicker, Taffy and Cameron were winning the midfield battle, Clippie and Dan got the full-backs turned and creating the early chances for Scotty and Westy. Midway through the first half Hindringham took a deserved lead when an incisive move saw the Attleborough defence split with Westy latching onto a through ball and coolly slotting past the advancing keeper.

Attleborough responded positively and started to exert pressure on the Hindringham defence. They failed to create any opportunities in open play. Gibby and Jason looked solid at the back and Yotti and Haynes coped well on the flanks. Their best effort of the half came from a free kick on the edge of the box, which struck the bar. Attleborough were reduced to ten men just before half time when the referee spotted an incident off the ball.

The second half started off at a fast pace, with both sides playing good football. Hindringham sat back and aloud Attleborough more time on the ball, the defence coped well with this and it was Hindringham who scored again, hitting Attleborough on the break. Again good work by the midfield and some sharp finishing from West.

Most Read

Attleborough then threw caution to the wind and attacked Hindringham in numbers. They forced several corners without really threatening the goal. But eventually they broke down the left, getting behind the full back, the resulting cross was slotted home to make it 1-2. This spurred Attleborough on and they enjoyed the Lion's share of possession in the latter stages, but Hindringham also looked dangerous on the counter attack. Attleborough were unlucky not to equalise when a goal mouth scramble ended with a shot hitting the post, the rebound fell to Attleborough, who slotted the ball home, only to see the flag raised for off-side. Hindringham saw out the remaining minutes to take their place in the next round.